Houzz Logo Print
webuser_28348099

Amsco Restoration Windows??

Does anyone have any thoughts on these windows? What I like is the slim frame but am concerned about vinyl in the Houston direct sunlight. Thanks!

Commentaires (40)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    il y a 3 ans

Plenty of vinyl windows in Houston that are doing just fine. A well designed product will easily endure the Houston summers.

• Utilisateur Houzz - 28348099
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 3 ans

Thanks Windows on Washington! Have you heard anything good or bad on this brand? It is hard to find many reviews, thanks!

• millworkman
    il y a 3 ans

"Have you heard anything good or bad on this brand?"

I would say to read between the lines. He did not answer that it was a well regarded window so that would be telling to me.

Auteur d'origine
    il y a 3 ans

Windows on Washington... Lol

Thanks for your honesty! It's crazy to me that there is so little information on a 70 year old company. My thoughts are is it good that there aren't any bad reviews or is it bad that is aren't any good reviews?

I really had no intention of going vinyl but these frames are very thin and look like they are aluminum.

• PRO
    il y a 3 ans

I have only had one dealing with them to quote an STC window, and they were very professional. The age of the company might also be a good indicator to be honest.

Auteur d'origine
    il y a 3 ans

Windows on Washington... Tbh I am looking for a unicorn..

We got completely screwed over by our order of Milgard aluminum windows that we placed back in MARCH. They continued to delay our order due to covid (which was understandable) but then we found out about 2 weeks ago the Texas factory is closed permanently and we will not be getting our windows at all!

So here I sit needing a house full of windows, literally like yesterday, which has put us months behind and we are obviously not able to move in.

Do you have any recommendations? I really wanted the black/black steel look but wondering if I need to settle since I need the windows ASAP and vinyl produces faster than aluminum.

Thanks for any insight!

• PRO
    East Bay 10
    il y a 3 ans

This may blow your budget but the Marvin Essential (formerly Integrity All Ultrex or Fiberglass) has nice thin lines and excellent lead times. Just a thought because of your dilemma and Marvin is well respected on this board.

Auteur d'origine
    il y a 3 ans

East Bay 10...thank you!

I am waiting for the quote for the Marvin... Good to know the lead times are good!

• PRO
    Houston Window Experts
    il y a 3 ans

HU-28348099 what did you end up doing?

• Tracey Brooks
    il y a 3 ans

Hello. I'm also considering Amsco Restoration vinyl windows for our project and love that their black color is comstock. I was told we'd be paying 24k more for Amsco rather than Marvin Essentials. Does anyone have insight into Amsco pricing and are they actually more than the Marvin fiberglass?

Auteur d'origine
    il y a 3 ans

Tracey Brooks... I think you might have that backwards, generally Marvin is much more than Amsco.

• PRO
    Ultra Windows
    il y a 3 ans

If you’re building a new home, I’d go with the Marvin over Amsco any day, as it’s not a well regarded brand.

• Tracey Brooks
    il y a 3 ans

That's what I anticipated HU-28348099, but my window rep. said his pricing is coming in that much higher for Amsco Restoration series. I'm shocked to hear that. We're remodeling Ultra Windows and trying to achieve the thin lines and color of black steel without the price. The Amsco frames are thinner than Marvin. Thanks both.

• PRO
    Houston Window Experts
    il y a 3 ans

Tracey, I see that you contacted our office about Amsco windows on April 9th. We sell them and they are definitely less costly than Marvin. We suggested you contact BMC Supply since you are in Austin. They should be able to help. Have you talked with them? Jeff Ludy

• Tracey Brooks
    il y a 3 ans

Thanks Houston Window Experts! Appreciate you. I can't get ahold of BMC despite several calls and emails. I was told by my contractor that they've been tougher to deal with and are now serving mostly larger builders, not individual remodelers. Another local company signed up to be a rep for Amsco and they're claiming Amsco is much more expensive. Wondering if I'm being told the straight story. I'm trying! Really love the look of Amsco.

Auteur d'origine
    il y a 3 ans

I loved the look of the amsco as well but decided against them because of quality. Also I did not like the fact that the double hung had uneven frames. I purchased from Houston Window Experts - who were fantastic by the way - and ended up with Anderson 100s for my windows and splurged on Fleetwood sliders. I don't regret my choice at all as I feel like I got a much better quality window. If you have the budget I would definitely do the Marvin over the Amsco!

• PRO
    Houston Window Experts
    il y a 3 ans

Tracey, I will contact you today.

• Tracey Brooks
    il y a 3 ans

All, if you live in the Houston area, check out Houston Window Experts. Phenomenal. Thanks for the advice and support, Jeff!

• Kashi N
    il y a 2 ans

@Tracey Brooks What did you end up getting? Im in the same dilemma.

• Narmina Amirbekova
    il y a 2 ans

I have the same dilemma as well with Amsco. Need narrow windows for decent price. Tracy did you get them?

• Fa Knapps
    il y a 2 ans

I just ordered Amsco studio all black for my new construction. My dealer didn’t have the Amsco restoration. What is the difference between Amsco Restoration and Amsco Studio?

• jeff524
    il y a 2 ans

Fa Knapps, the main difference is that the Restoration has metal reinforcement in the sashes, uses upgraded low-e, has a better glazing bead, comes with debris protect on the glass, and offers a better warranty if installed by a Platinum level dealer. (lifetime warranty on materials and labor).

Jeff with Houston Window Experts

• Fa Knapps
    il y a 2 ans

Thank you Jeff! Is the look the same? Meaning as narrow frame as the restoration too? Thank you!

• jeff524
    il y a 2 ans

Fa Knapps, it's the same profile, you're going to love it! Congratulations!

• Utilisateur Houzz - 997969802
    il y a 2 ans

Hello...does anyone know current lead times on Amsco Artisan Series windows casement?

• Fa Knapps
    il y a 2 ans

I don’t know about the Artisan but I ordered the studio series in black and they gave me a 16 weeks 😩. Maybe because black windows take more time. It might depend on the color.

• jeff524
    il y a 2 ans

The most recent update we received was 14-16 weeks. I will advise you not to rely on that information because it tends to change frequently. Last week we got in some windows that only took 12 weeks to arrive, yet we have some windows that are 3 weeks behind the schedule we estimated.

il y a 2 ans

Thanks for the feedback!

il y a 2 ans

Is anyone else experiencing significant price increases on bids for black vinyl windows (black exterior/black interior)? We have a current bid of 28k for black exterior white interior vinyl windows and are being told if we want black exterior and white interior we are looking at close to 80k. The increase is more than we are willing to move forward with and now I am concerned that our modern themed home will be compromised due to having to go with white interior windows.

• PRO
    il y a 2 ans

28k to 80k...not normal. I would suggest that you contact another vendor. How many windows were in the original 28k bid?

• Fa Knapps
    il y a 2 ans

Ordered in January, 26k for 30 windows all black (interior/exterior), 28 windows and 2 sliding doors.

• ashrodg49
    il y a 2 ans

@Tracey Brooks who did you use for your window installer in Austin? I'm looking for a good co to work with. Would love to know what you got and how you are liking the produsct and your installer. Thanks!

• Al
    l'année dernière

@ashrodge49 Did you end up finding someone to install your windows? I'm in the process of trying to get Amsco windows in Austin and in need of someone to install them.

• Fa Knapps
    l'année dernière

Amsco studio

• William Rossman
    l'année dernière
    Dernière modification :l'année dernière

Are Amsco Windows foam filled with composite reinforcement? Are they welded sloped sills or pocket sills?

• PRO
    BUILD ON YOUR LOT
    l'année dernière

Hello, your windowwindows look very good, do you mind sharing pricing on your package just to have an ideaideaidea convegnora@gmail.com

• Fa Knapps
    l'année dernière

26k for 28 windows + 2 sliding doors. Ordered in February 2021

• Fa Knapps
    l'année dernière

Correction, February 2022

• PRO
    BUILD ON YOUR LOT
    l'année dernière

Thank you!

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».