Houzz Logo Print
clapot31

Brass or Chrome for Kitchen Handles

clapot31
il y a 3 ans

Hi

Which would work best in an open plan kitchen with the light colours below and pink tiles.

I want knobs and cups for drawers but not sure to choose chrome or brass, and if I choose brass do all the switches sockets tap light fittings etc have to match. I have chrome handles on my window and a chrome under mount sink.

any thoughts please.

Commentaires (5)

• Daisy England
    il y a 3 ans

I think brass handles go better with dark doors eg dark green, graphite or midnight blue. For light doors such a dove grey I think chrome is better suited.

Other items such as light switches don’t have to be the same .... well mine aren’t and I don’t know anybody who has swapped them because of this.

• clapot31
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 3 ans

Thanks Daisy, that’s a good point with the dark colours. It’s an open plan space so maybe sticking to chrome in the kitchen area, and introducing some brass in the living/dining area would look ok. I’ve a retro brass drinks trolley I can’t wait to upcycle.

• Sarah U-S
    il y a 3 ans

I’m with Daisy - I like brass too, but prefer it in darker tones. If you like a more antique effect, you could also look at pewter finishes and also nickel. Both have silvery tones. You could also go darker too - I really like a company called Jim Lawrence for handles and things - they do a gorgeous finish called “polished”. (They also do lovely matt black finishes too - they are quite pricey, but it’s often worth looking for ideas and then buying similar elsewhere!!).

• PRO
    OnePlan
    il y a 3 ans

Black handles, appliances and taps are becoming more popular with paler colours ( Scandi influence I think )

• PRO
    Access Hardware Ltd
    il y a 3 ans

Copper or rose gold is also a good option with those colours.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».