Houzz Logo Print
suneel_pelluru

Bathroom Wall Tile Dilemma

Sunil R
il y a 3 ans

We have selected this tile(1 for floor) and tile(2 as wall tile) in one of the secondary bathrooms for our new house in Design Center, both laid out in standard Grid style. Ideally we want to get a timeless bath. It is getting hard to imagine how the final outcome is going to be like. Could anyone provide some insight if these Tile choices are good for a bathroom. Thanks in advance.

Commentaires (11)

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    il y a 3 ans

I wouldn't use either of those tiles in a bath that I want to look "timeless." They have been fairly outdated for a number of years now. The large white tile above it would be my choice.

• Sunil R
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 3 ans

Thanks Diana for your comment. We chose that for our Primary bath. Do you recommend any other colors?

• Mrs. S
    il y a 3 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 3 ans

On my screen, #1 appears slightly pinkish next to #2, which looks slightly yellowish. I don’t think they look great together.....at least on my screen....

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    il y a 3 ans

Are those your only choices?

• Sunil R
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 3 ans

@Diana Bier Interiors, LLC Our builder has very few tiles to choose from. I was in the dilemma whether I am over imagining that they don’t look good(because I do that quite often). But you helped me to be clear that I am correct. I’ll goto design center again tomorrow. Do you recommend some timeless color tiles/ designs that would help me in picking the tile?

• Molly D. Zone4B
    il y a 3 ans

Also not a designer, but when we built our home I originally chose tile like that for the flooring in one bath and when they installed it it had a much “pinkier “ hue than the sample and I couldn’t take it so had them rip it out. They said it was a normal variation so I had no recourse. You never know how old the sample is. Go with Diana’s ideas.

• s y
    il y a 3 ans

What does your vanity look like?

• Melissa R
    il y a 3 ans

those tiles do not work together but even if they did they are REALLY out dated. spend some time on Houzz and look at pictures of bathrooms to get an idea what is more "in".

It took me about a month of looking at the new bathrooms to start liking them; all the white, grey, marble was just not what I liked. I was from the "everything looks tuscon" era lol.

• cpartist
    il y a 3 ans

Stick with the white.

Those two beige tiles do not work together at all!

• PRO
    Creative Ceramic & Marble/ Bill Vincent
    il y a 3 ans

Although I can't help with the two tiles below, I agree with most in that the white calcotta gold look alike will me a much more timeless look, and that one, I CAN help with what it would look like.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».