Houzz Logo Print
kathryn_glasser

Counter Stool Help

Kathryn Glasser
il y a 3 ans

Can anyone advise on a kid friendly counter stool that goes with my new kitchen below? Maybe the ones in the photo are best... would love any advice on color/style. Thanks!

Commentaires (11)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    il y a 3 ans

I like adjustable swivel stools for kids they should be adjustable from chair 24-30” to make the counter useable for little guys. I aslo like a back.

• stiley
    il y a 3 ans

I recently bought these. I like that they're lightweight enough for kids to move and that the seat is easy to recover myself. They're very sturdy. Would stools with backs get in your way in your setup? I like the idea of swivels but the noise of kids constantly swiveling would drive me crazy. Before these Ballard ones, I had some heavy leather ones from C&B; they had a solid back so there was nothing to grab onto to move them out and in.

Can you share how wide your island is? We're looking a very similar setup in our kitchen remodel.

• Jessica Shephard
    il y a 3 ans

I have kids and swivel and it drives me insane ! They smack the counter alllll day long. Her backs but I would not personally suggest a swivel ...

Kathryn Glasser a remercié Jessica Shephard
  • Maureen
    il y a 3 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 3 ans

These may cover all bases, sturdy, lightweight and not bulky, no arms for easier access, backs for comfort and safety, kid resistant, and wood works with floor and metal with your counter. Add felt to feet.

• Rachel Simanski
    il y a 3 ans

I like the ones Maureen posted, but NO back. There are so many colors available. It's an easy way to add a pop of color. I have metal stools & they are super easy to clean. It's actually my 6 year olds job to clean them. haha

• Kathryn Glasser
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 3 ans

Island is only 2' I think. We are not in the house yet but I need stool asap b/c we will have no where for the kids to have breakfast the first am! haha. Do any swivels lock? Or do they all just spin freely? I do like the silver leg style above.. wasn't sure if it would compliment the slate gray counters.

• Rachel Simanski
    il y a 3 ans

If you need something asap look on Amazon. theres all different colors.

• PRO
    Barstool Comforts
    il y a 3 ans

Hi Kathryn,

Are you referring to bar stools that are safe for kids or easy to clean? Kid-friendly can mean many different things.

Arms on a stool can prevent them from falling off and give them something to hold onto.

A vinyl or a leather cushion is easy to clean and doesn't stain.

Typically non-swivel stools are safer for kids. However; what you can do, to get more for your money, is purchase a swivel stool and lock the seat from swiveling.

Here's a guide on how to lock the swivel:

https://barstoolcomforts.com/blog/2018/05/how-to-lock-a-swivel-seat-so-it-doesnt-swivel/

Then, when your child gets older, you can take the lock out and use it as a swivel stool. :)

• calidesign
    il y a 3 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 3 ans

I'd look for wooden stools with a back. You can tie on cushions to boost them up higher when they're little, and remove to clean or change out, then remove altogether when they are taller.

Inverness - Lakeside Cottage · Plus d'infos

• Rebekah Gibbs
    il y a 3 ans

I love these stools I got off Amazon. They are so comfortable with a 180 degree swivel. They have a nice seat and are tall enough for my 5 year old daughter to sit at the counter with no booster (while still accommodating my husband and myself to sit comfortably)

• Rachel Simanski
    il y a 3 ans

I don't like the idea of a back here. Since it looks like you can fit 3 on those 3 sides I personally would want something that can tuck under the island & out of my way.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».