Houzz Logo Print
liam_doughty17

Downstairs extension & reconfiguration help needed please!

L D
il y a 2 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 2 ans

I would like to create a large open-plan living space with kitchen downstairs and I’m really struggling with the layout / floor plan design. I am planning on a single storey rear extension of approximately 6 meters but am not sure how best to lay this out with the existing and what walls should come down to create the best usable space. Any help or inspiration would be appreciated

Commentaires (3)

• PRO
    Kay Moden
    il y a 2 ans

Hi,

I'd start by removing that toilet entirely. Seriously, what's goin on there?! :)

A 6m adition would create an enourmous space internally, so think if you need an utlity, maybe a pantry, new toilet and shower etc., so you wouldnt have to remove the rear wall entirely if you space these correctly. In terms of layout the options are limitless.

If you need the help of a pro feel free to get in touch, we can offer a free online consulation.

Good luck,

Andre

• PRO
    The Kitchen Lady UK
    il y a 2 ans

I think it's about working out what YOU need as a family now and as you grow or shrink over the next few years. You have a lovely generous hallway but it does give that very strange hallway. Is it about putting a wall from around this hallway to slightly shortern the entrance hall and then opening up the rest of the house into an open plan kitchen/diner with seperate sitting room. - yes the toilet needs to move, it does not deserve this prime location!

You might not even need the extension with your new 6x4 room to fit kitchen, diner and maybe sofa area.

If you want any help just chatting through some ideas, through to 3D plans for the building and how you might use the space, feel free to get in touch www.coveykitchens.co.uk

Good luck

Emily

• PRO
    STUDIO TO
    il y a 2 ans

Hi Liam, when you start your home making journey, there are steps to follow; big steps and little ones in between. Getting ahead of yourself is risky and potentially costly.

Houzz is an amazing platform and you can get some incredible, valuable advise here, but in order to solve the problems you need to ask the right questions. If you focus too early on what the solution is without properly identifying main problems you will probably end up with a bad design.

Take your time with identifying core issues. List the problems that need solving. Is your space practical, is it functional, is it light, dark, warm, cold, too big, too small, too messy, too busy? Is it connecting or is it isolating. Is it interacting, is it supportive of your life. How do you want your house to serve you? Is your house supportive of your and your family lifestyle? What user experience are you trying to achieve?

It is the function of the space that will make your design successful. At the moment your possibilities are endless.

Prepare your brief well and then hire a professional that will help you find solutions. You can't do this on your own.

Good luck with your project.

Best wishes

Suzanne & Joseph

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».