Houzz Logo Print
jennricejones

Extra Tall Teak Barstools - do they exist?

Jennifer Jones
il y a 2 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 2 ans

Hi, I am on the hunt for extra tall teak barstools (with a seat height of 33"-37"). My outdoor bar is quite tall at 46 inches! Unfortunately, I didn't realize how severely this would limit my barstool options.

Has anyone ever seen teak barstools this tall? I am beginning to worry they don't exist.

Thanks,

Jenn

Commentaires (7)

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    il y a 2 ans

Your counters are about 4" taller than standard bar height. Your best bet would be to nix the teak bar stool idea and find stools that have adjustable heights instead.

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    il y a 2 ans

Or shorten the bar to 42...

• Jennifer Hogan
    il y a 2 ans

I don't know your budget or commitment to the design style you have in mind, but I would look on etsy and see if someone who makes outdoor wood furniture could be commissioned to make the stools you want. Depending on where you live you may also find custom wood workers locally.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    il y a 2 ans

IMO shorten that bar that height needed for barstools is actually quite awful for seating the stools are made for giants and IMO never nice to get in and out of. Even adjustable stools will not usually go higher than 30 “ and you need 34 “really . Think about trying to get into a stool that is only 2 “ lower than a regular counter it requires a stool you can climb on safely there will IMO be very few choices.

• PRO
    Revolutionary Gardens
    il y a 2 ans

+1 on shortening the bar if possible. Way back in the day the company I worked for built an outdoor bar counter at 48" by mistake. I was in school for interior design so I even had connections in that world and I still couldn't find anything that would work. We ended up tearing it out and redoing it.

• Jennifer Jones
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 2 ans

Thank you everyone for your responses. The idea to shorten the bar hadn't crossed my mind, and I'm a little afraid to ask my mason how much that would cost. But it certainly seems like the best solution long term. In the meantime, I bought some affordable black stools from Lowe's. They are only 30 inches tall, so obviously not tall enough for my bar, but they do the trick for now. My dad and husband both said they don't mind sitting on them so long as they have a cold beer in their hands, hah! Happy summer everyone and thanks again for your advice.

• PRO
    Barstool Comforts
    il y a 2 ans

Hi Jennifer -- If you can bring the bar stools in to your home before it rains, we have 36 and 37" seat height bar stools on our website here:

https://barstoolcomforts.com/category/36-height-bar-stools/

They're made for the indoors, but again, if you can cover them, you should be fine!

This height is very, very hard to come by, especially for the outdoors.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».