Houzz Logo Print
omolayo_badru

Broken Porcelain Countertop by fabricator

Tayo
il y a 2 ans

I was shocked to discover these cracks on my Countertop last night. I am at the tail end of a 6 mth remodel of which the fabricator has spent the last 3 months getting the porcelain countertops in. This is the prep sink at a 9' long island. It's been in place for over 3 weeks and all was fine. But they needed to complete the faucet hole through the backer board and I had asked them several times about how they would do that. They assured me it was no big deal. I was not informed of these, but discovered it on my own while punching.
These guys have been thorough, careful and great so far, and they installed stone in 9 areas including the whole kitchen, and fireplace. They even removed about small section in the kitchen after it had cured to correct an installation error without any damage. This blows my mind.
This is porcelain slab by Florim. Last 2 images show the layout before cutting, and the damaged section being picked up.
This is sooo painful!!! They have to finish up my fireplace to be done.
What is the best response to this?

Commentaires (5)

• PRO
    Solutions Design & Fabrication
    il y a 2 ans

You break it, you buy it!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    il y a 2 ans

Replace the sink with one with a faucet deck. The hole and crack will be gone.

• User
    il y a 2 ans

Grace and empathy is the best response. That material is well known for having bound stress in it that releases when cut, and results in cracks. Many fabricators won’t touch it at all. Yours tried, and it bit them. They should have spoken up and refused the job. But they didn’t. Now it has cost them.

But a different material, and ask that they fabricate it at no charge.

• Tayo
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

Thanks

• Tayo
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

Luckily, this was resolved rather amicably. The fabricator stepped forward to correct the issue with replacement. I hope it all goes well. I feel fortunate, and will be sure to leave them a raving review.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».