Houzz Logo Print
webuser_14680667

antique furniture gurus- PLEASE look!

Julie
l'année dernière

What should my asking price be for this piece? Any suggestions?

Commentaires (12)

• colonialgp
    l'année dernière

You could try and ask for $100. Not sure you would get it due to the nature of the piece. Not popular right now, however with long lead times for new furniture you might get more.

• functionthenlook
    l'année dernière

I'd say between 50 - 100. The only old furniture selling well is MCM in original condition.

• Julie
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

Bummer! Thank you both!

• arcy_gw
    l'année dernière

If you get $50 take it an run. Most large pieces go for 'you haul you get free' in my area.

• madamsdeco
    l'année dernière

Keep and refinish ppl are doing awesome things with old furniture- the amount of storage is priceless.

• salonva
    l'année dernière

It's a beautiful piece. (and practical). The prices suggested may be spot on, I don't know, but it doesn't diminish that it's a beauty.

• N Johnson
    l'année dernière

Mount Airy Furniture Co. (far pricier) is not the same as Mount Airy Mantle & Table Co. (your piece) - MAM&T became Bassett Furniture. http://www.northcarolinamuseum.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=141&Itemid=150

• Julie
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

Thank you all for the info! Does help!

• Jilly
    l'année dernière

In my area, it would go for $150-200. Vintage is big here and that’s a unique piece. I love it.

• Julie
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

Ooohh good news!

• PRO
    Healthy Home Consultants
    l'année dernière

That’s an amazing piece! I think it definitely depends on where you’re located. If you’re close to South Lake Tahoe let me know 😆

• elcieg
    l'année dernière

The Mount Airy Mantel and Table Company, located between South Street and the railroad, was formed in 1902 by stockholders George O. Graves, G.H. Williamson and Calvin Graves, Sr. Sometime after the 1940s, the company was absorbed by the Virginia based Bassett Furniture.

With the stamp, you can assume your piece was made before the 1940's.

Just for the fun of it, go on etsy.com and search the brand. Looks like the original paint is not in favor, but check the prices on ones painted in high gloss.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».