Houzz Logo Print
webuser_165611063

Which Coffee Table for my Sofa?

Marge A
l'année dernière

Should I go with the oval to go with the curve of the sofa arms or contrast with a rectangular table?

Commentaires (11)

• PRO
    Overland Remodeling & Builders
    l'année dernière

It's not that I don't like any of the choices you provided but choosing the right coffee table for your sofa is not just based on how your sofa looks.

Can you show us a picture of your actual living room?

• Jilly
    l'année dernière

I voted oval after seeing the side view. It’s more curved than I realized from seeing the front view —

However, that’s based on my knack for bumping a knee on anything square nearby. Maybe others aren’t as clumsy as me. :D

• Marge A
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

I’m sorry. I have no photo because I’m moving into a house in the next few weeks and I’m trying to furnish it with everything new. Trying to sell our current furniture (my husbands picks) because it’s not my taste. The 2 table options are a bit more than I’d like to spend so I’m looking for similar. I think I’m leaning towards an oval shape.

• jackowskib
    l'année dernière

Can you tell me where the sofa is from, I love it! I chose the oval table but prefer the round look better.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    l'année dernière
    Dernière modification :l'année dernière

I would wait to choose a coffee table until you are in the space . I like the sofa and it deserves a really nice table but IMO coffee tables are chosen to work not only with the sofa but in the space too.Please do not put that type and size of pillow on that lovely sofa. BTW look at round before deciding on table but please wait unteil we can see the whole space and all your other choices.

• Marge A
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

The Sofa is on Wayfair listed as Frederic but I purchased it from Huffman Koos. The wait time for delivery was 30+ wks but I walked into the store and it was right there! It was meant to be.
    I didn’t even consider a round table. I actually like it more! It makes the sofa look longer.

• Marge A
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

As for the pillows. They’re shinyish and come with the sofa but I will most likely change them out.

• Maureen
    l'année dernière
    Dernière modification :l'année dernière

I think round is a good choice, but perhaps consider marble vs glass for a less formal feel and a touch more modern look. CB2 has a nice one and then look over their side tables, to get a sense of what would complement.

https://www.cb2.com/smart-round-marble-brass-coffee-table/s491524#modal

A good idea is a nesting design, as it has flexibility size wise.

• Marge A
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

I did consider marble because it’s a bit ‘different’ and less finger prints. My style is transitional so a modern table would be a great option. I like all your suggestions!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    l'année dernière

I prefer a curved table with the curve of the sofa. That way corners do not 'fight' in the room.

I also think if you can add more curves to the room that will make the concept wold together well.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».