Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_palmer12

Dining room flooring...match this tile, or something else?

Jennifer Palmer
l'année dernière

I'm looking to replace old carpet in several areas of a new to me 1980s home. First up is this dining room, which was formerly a second living room (we're converting the dining room to an office.) The room will be used for meals and is also a favorite hangout for our pets, due to all the windows.

There's lovely red-brown tile (quarry tile, I think) that runs throughout the center of the first floor, so connecting to all of the carpeted areas. The tile stays because 1) we like it and 2) we have a limited remodel budget and need to focus it on areas that are really dated, ugly and/or not functional.

I'm having a hard time choosing flooring for this room. Originally I wanted to match the tile but everything I've found so far is close, but not quite a match. Another option would be a contrasting tile. Or just go with engineered wood floors in a shade that compliments the red-brown tile. What would you all recommend?

Commentaires (5)

• chispa
    l'année dernière

You can't go wrong with engineered wood floors.

A contrasting tile will not look right in an open space. It will just look like a bad update/remodel.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    l'année dernière

I agree that if you can't find matching tile then do the rest in wood , wether that is real wood or LVP will be for you to decide. I do not use wood floors usually in homes where there are large dogs for sure . I do know that now there are some better finishes for wood that can stand up a bit better so I think you need to investigate your options for sure .

• kandrewspa
    l'année dernière

Wood. Luckily, warmer wood colors are back in so hopefully you can find something prefinished that will look good with the tile. I like LVP in my basement, but I wouldn't put it on my first floor, although it's certainly become popular lately. I prefer natural products and some engineered wood products have the ability to be refinished once, so it has better longevity.

• PRO
    Attitudedéco Caroline Carlier
    l'année dernière

Choisissez un bois noir qui rappelle les joints des carreaux de terre cuite; Cela aura beaucoup d'allure.

• Fori
    l'année dernière

Complementary wood. Big rugs.

Nice room. :)

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».