Houzz Logo Print
webuser_854946940

Need urgent help with floor color

Utilisateur Houzz - 854946940
l'année dernière
Dernière modification : l'année dernière

We are replacing our LVP with a high end engineered wood. Our style is “loose transitional” - some mid century, some traditional.

We are trying to decide between two colors. Pics of the colors are attached but really comes down to light versus dark. Our floor is currently very similar to the darker color. My worry with going with the light is the thought that the darker flooring we have is tying together our mishmash style.

Samples of the 2 colors are in our current floor

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you!!

Commentaires (12)

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    l'année dernière

I like the darker sample.

Utilisateur Houzz - 854946940 a remercié Annette Holbrook(z7a)
  • susan49417
    l'année dernière

Definately the darker sample.

Utilisateur Houzz - 854946940 a remercié susan49417
  • Connie Stackhouse
    l'année dernière

Another vote for darker. You need the contrast sgainst your light csbinets, countertop and furniture. the lighter one would give the impression of blah beige.

Utilisateur Houzz - 854946940 a remercié Connie Stackhouse
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    l'année dernière

That sample on the left is horrible with real yellow ugly undertones so for sure dark.

Utilisateur Houzz - 854946940 a remercié Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    l'année dernière

Why only two samples? Why such opposit visions? I prefer a light floor but agree the chosen sample is both yellow and muddy. The brown sample is too dark for me but that is personal taste. Of all the manufacturers of wood flooring how did you end up with these two?

Utilisateur Houzz - 854946940 a remercié HALLETT & Co.
  • kandrewspa
    l'année dernière

I agree with Hallett. The color of your existing floor is perfect. Of the two samples you are showing the darker one is better, but medium brown is the best choice if you want to avoid being trendy.

Utilisateur Houzz - 854946940 a remercié kandrewspa
  • PRO
    Oak & Broad
    l'année dernière

The darker color is the winner in my book. Why is the sample so small though? I would not suggest making a decision on a very small piece of flooring. For Engineered flooring also make sure you have at least a 4mm wear layer. Baltic Birch ply underneath is also a good sign of quality. Make sure the lengths are acceptable to you as well. You don't want to get a bunch of 1', 2', or 3' shorts. Look for a mix up to at least 9' or 10' in length.

Utilisateur Houzz - 854946940 a remercié Oak & Broad
  • elcieg
    l'année dernière

The darker sample.

Just wondering why you are replacing the current floor. It looks pretty darn good to me.

Utilisateur Houzz - 854946940 a remercié elcieg
  • Utilisateur Houzz - 854946940
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

We are replacing the current floor because it is LVP that has been down for only 1 1/2 years and we are already having major issues

• chispa
    l'année dernière

I don't love either of your samples.

I would also never make a selection based on that tiny sample. Bring more samples home. Once you have narrowed it down to 2 colors, you should then order a box of each and lay them out in your home.

Your flooring supplier should place a hold on enough flooring from each color, so that when you pick the box you like best, you are actually getting the same lot # for the whole order. Yes, you won't be able to return the box you rejected, but that is a small cost, compared to ordering and installing a whole house of new floors and realizing that you hate it and it looked nothing like the tiny sample you had used to pick the floor.

• chispa
    l'année dernière

Also be aware that samples and sample boards can be old and not representative of current dye lots, which is why you should order a full box from the dye lot that is currently available.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    l'année dernière

All of those issues mnetioned I usually try to get a box of the flooring to test .

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».