Houzz Logo Print
webuser_482014299

Best Queen Bed Placement?

Misty Brown Fischer
l'année dernière

I am helping my 82-year-old mother spruce up her condo, and I am tackling her master bedroom next. Before we get to paint and furniture improvements, something about the room’s existing layout doesn’t feel quite right. When you walk in the door, you immediately walk into the queen-size bed. She has an inset window with a tall chest of drawers blocking it. A couple of things you can’t see in the photo are the fact that her walk-in closet is immediately to the right when you walk in the door and it is a relatively small room (maybe a 12x12, at most).

What are your thoughts about moving the bed into the inset And covering the lower half of that window? Any other suggestions?

Commentaires (3)

• Kendrah
    l'année dernière

I would put the head of the bed on the wall opposite where it is now, so under the picture with the blue vase. Move the dresser to the corner where the family photo of four is but have it face out towards where the new head of the bed is.

Wide clear walkways and reducing tripping hazards seem like an important consideration for an aging parent. I've remove the bench at the foot of the bed and the chair from the room to create as wide of a path as possible. If she sits to get dressed, she could do it at the foot of the bed and the dresser will be across from her. Leave the alcove empty.

• PRO
    LiLu Interiors
    il y a 9 mois

Is it possible for the bed to fit in the nook where the TV and dresser are currently? If not you might look at moving the bed to the wall opposite of where the bed is currently and placing the TV over dresser on the wall where the bed currently is if possible. Maybe move the bench to the nook if you need more space to move around.

City Charm: Bedroom · Plus d'infos

Art of Family: Bedroom · Plus d'infos

Timeless Treasure · Plus d'infos

Quiet Comfort · Plus d'infos

• tracefloyd
    il y a 9 mois

It's difficult to tie one's shoes in bed. A soft pouf would be nice replacement for the bench if it doesn't work in the nook. Remove the floor mirror, too many trip hazards agreed. And no area rugs.

Cordoba CDPF-002 18"x18"x18" Pouf · Plus d'infos

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».