Houzz Logo Print
judygolden

Needs curb appeal on a budget. Any ideas appreciated?

judygolden
l'année dernière
Dernière modification : l'année dernière

Commentaires (10)

• rwiegand
    l'année dernière

Trimming out the windows would help a lot (eg add casing around the window), as would bigger porch posts painted to match the trim. Adding some landscaping (small shrubs and interesting tall grasses) between the windows to break up the facade would also be good. Repaint in an more interesting color when it needs it (or now if it's vinyl) Beyond that you start to run into serious money/work.

judygolden a remercié rwiegand
  • judygolden
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

Thank you!

• HU-187528210
    l'année dernière

Beef up the porch. And landscaping.
    Then, save up until you can upgrade to larger windows.

• apple_pie_order
    l'année dernière

Barn red paint (like the garage) with white trim and shutters would be a big change. In the meantime, paint the porch posts white. You could add white shutters without repainting the whole house.

Here's a photo: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/118149190211987793/

• PRO
    Tamley Architectural Design
    l'année dernière

If you accent the front porch that would really create a visual focal point. You could paint the door a different color, paint the front porch posts white to match the windows, add a nice porch surface with a bench and maybe some potted plants. Landscaping and a walkway from the street to the front door would really add some character.

• ffpalms
    l'année dernière

Put a couple of chairs or rockers on the front porch, and start planting trees.

• phassink
    l'année dernière

I added window trim, facia trim and corner trim. I also enlarged the porch to start at the roof line, which might be a budget buster. And I simplified the porch posts and made them larger. Put in some bushes and flowers for landscaping. I hope this helps.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    l'année dernière

I would go with landscaping, painting garage with the same color as house and beefing -up posts.

• sharkxian
    l'année dernière

All the ideas are fabulous. If it’s too much to implement, do window boxes beneath each window and put a couple of chairs and an inexpensive outdoor rug on the porch. Then implement the other ideas as you have time/budget. Good luck and have fun—it’s going to be great.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».