Houzz Logo Print
lisa_boyce4

Window leaking at bottom

Maria G
le mois dernier

We just discovers that the bottom our picture window has water infiltration between the flat vinyl frame and the vertical vinyl frame. The top of the window is dry, as is all the wood trim around. Water is not dripping out. I just noticed it looked shiny and when I touched it I discovered it was wet.

What could cause water infiltration in this particular paint between the vinyl framing of the window?

Commentaires (6)

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    le mois dernier

Photos would help us see what you are seeing.

• millworkman
    le mois dernier

Post pictures from the interior and the exterior. I will say that most of the time windows do not leak at the bottom but from the head and the bottom is where the water shows itself. So show the entire window.

• Maria G
    Auteur d'origine
    le mois dernier

Thanks for your help. Here are some photos.
    I have taken a piece of paper and slid it between the top seam and it was dry. I also slid it along the outside seam (top and bottom) and both were dry.
    The bottom interior seam is where the water is showing itself.
    I highlighted the area in red. To be clear, it’s not the seal between the wood trim and window, but between the bottom vinyl frame of the window and the vertical vinyl. Hope I’m making sense.
    Thanks again.

• millworkman
    le mois dernier

If it is between the fame and the sash I would call the window or the guy that installed the windows. Unless it was years ago at this point. Then the sash would come out and there "should" be a bulb gasket surrounding the sash. It may be damaged or just stuck.

• PRO
    Ultra Windows
    le mois dernier

On picture windows, it's very common for the insulated glass unit over time to shift just enough to break the seal between the glass and the vinyl on the exterior. I'd try putting a bead of silicone around the exterior perimeter of the window where the vinyl meets the glass.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    le mois dernier

Yep. Especially on a larger window. Wind driven rain and pressures will pop the seal. Tape the window up on either side of that gap, clean it, and apply a proper silicone that toll into place. This is where the tape will lep you be super clean and tidy.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».