Houzz Logo Print
candacekimmet

Exterior paint color quandary

candacekimmet
il y a 18 jours
Dernière modification : il y a 17 jours

Thoughts? We will have to stick with white trim as the facia is painted white metal. I like these as inspo but can't seem to find the colors at the paint store. Every time I get a sample and paint a portion of the outside, it looks terrible. Suggestions appreciated!

https://www.houzz.com/photos/dallas-tx-stolp-midcentury-entry-dallas-phvw-vp~3619392

https://www.houzz.com/photos/my-houzz-a-cliff-may-home-leads-the-way-in-long-beach-midcentury-pool-orange-county-phvw-vp~2836701

Also, this is the west side of the house that is all brick. This is the only place where there is any brick. Its a reddish brown color with a similar reddish brown but lighter shade mortar.

Commentaires (7)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    il y a 18 jours

Maybe blues are just no right for the house . This is my fave for house , garage , front door and landscaping .

• palimpsest
    il y a 18 jours
    Dernière modification :il y a 18 jours

You probably need to find a sample you think you would like, then go down several shades darker and maybe greyer or duller by several shades. Usually exterior paint colors are darker than you would think.

I live in a neighborhood with some old brownstones that periodically get bits and pieces of the brownstone painted and sometimes whoever is buying the paint by guessing picks a "dark brown" that ends up looking pinkish or like a chocolate milkshake on the actual wall--much too bright.

• Jenny
    il y a 18 jours

I think one challenge is you're holding another color up against that olive and you are seeing the clash of those two colors. You could make a large area of the house white (like hang a sheet between the two windows) and then use your color swatches against that white and the windows.

You may have seen the Sherwin Williams color match (+) on your inspo photos, if not the first was listed as SW Tempe Star, the second is SW Favorite Jeans.

• Utilisateur Houzz - 914643391
    il y a 18 jours

The SW Urbane Bronze for the body and the SW Rain for the entry

• Jenny
    il y a 17 jours

You could consider trying to match the reddest of the bricks. HU's idea above of the Urbane Bronze may be a good look with the brick too.

• JP L
    il y a 17 jours
    Dernière modification :il y a 17 jours

I like your inspiration photos a lot and think you're headed in the right direction.

One tip: I'm using is Samplize (and no, I don't work there/get anything for recommending them - I've just found them to be a decent product and super helpful in picking paint colors, which is honestly a bit agonizing when you get down to it!) - they actually work on the exterior, too. I'm buying a LOT of them lately, but they are at least removable/reposition-able. One thing that I've learned the hard way - exterior colors are much lighter in person than online (when actually placed on the exterior). Lighter colors tend to wash out in the bright light.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    il y a 17 jours

Rain is a good one to try - several colors on that same strip are worth a look.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».