Houzz Logo Print
webuser_641778753

vario hinge dishwasher or not

Zak
il y a 17 jours

Hi all, we have an option to go for a dishwasher with a vario hinge. This means you don’t need to cut a notch in the plinth.
But I have read the hinge mechanism is unreliable.
Does anyone have any experience with such a dishwasher? Any good? Worth getting over a standard one?

Many thanks

Commentaires (6)

• Isla Cherry
    il y a 16 jours
    Dernière modification :il y a 16 jours

I would just buy the most expensive dishwasher (German brand or Fisher and Paykel) that you can afford in any case. I have a plinth cutout but because the island is in front of the dishwasher (sightline perspective) you don't notice ir. We sold a house with a neff dishwasher (installed as part of our kitchen renovation) that projected a laser time on the tiled floor of the washcycle. Our current cheapie (caple) which came with the house unfortunately is far less sophisticated and very noisy. It depends on how visible the plinth cutout would be.

• Jonathan
    il y a 16 jours

My Siemens Dishwasher has this. I have never heard of a problem with the hinge and wonder if it is an urban myth created by installers who don’t understand them.

Agree with the advice to buy quality, try to find a quieter one. And pay attention to the recommended size of door as they are not all the same height appliances.

• Sonia
    il y a 16 jours

My integrated dishwasher is a Neff. I had no idea whether the plinth was cut to fit it, so just had a look and it has been cut! I will add that in the 14 years I’ve had this kitchen I never noticed the cut plinth and even now it can be felt but not visible. Well I never!

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    il y a 16 jours

The Variohinge is the Neff version [Siemans/Bosch uses the same system as made in the same factory]. AEG also have a version [PerfectFit Hinge] . Have worked exclusively with Neff and Bosch appliances and had no problems apart from fitters not reading instructions and breaking them when installing, once fitted not had a problem. Ideal if there's a chance of seeing the plinth under the dishwasher if the kitchen is big enough and you have a dining area as well, or if your dishwasher is in line with your front door so when you come in you can see the plinth. Also if you have a skirting plinth or the dishwasher is in a tower. These also allow for taller doors/shorter plinths if you have a German Ergonomic designed kitchen.

Also recommend having the door open assist d/washer as well [which can have variohinge version as well]. If there's no way of seeing the plinth [unless you do a handstand] than i'd look at opting for a door open assist d/washer or saving your money.

• Zak
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 16 jours

We are going for a top of the range Siemens dishwasher. The kitchen is German and everything is open plan so you have a line of sight to the dishwasher…the hologram on the tiles floor does not have the vario hinge.
    I think for a clean look it seems tge vario hinge is the way to go…

• Isla Cherry
    il y a 15 jours

I would agree that it's more likely to be the fitters not following instructions and thinking they know best. Siemens is a great choice. I would rather have the hologram but thats just me.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».