Houzz Logo Print
lesliehebert

window treatments for sliding french doors?

Leslie Hebert
il y a 10 ans
I have a 12' wide sliding french door bank from family room to patio and need to figure out some window treatments.

A couple of weird issues that have me wondering...
1) the french doors are not centered on the wall - there is 28" to the left and 22" to the right
2) the right side also has a soffit that juts out about 14.5" which makes it look even more off kilter
3) since they are sliding french doors, you can't put blinds on the doors (at least the two panels that are stationary)

I used to have the slim vertical blinds, but really disliked them so am looking for other options.

I have searched on Houzz and really didn't see anything that I thought would work, or couldn't figure out how to do it considering the weird soffit on the right.

The pictures are of the doors in total, then an up close of the top right corner and top left corner.

Any ideas are welcome - please! The trees in the back have lost their leaves and we need some privacy!

Commentaires (3)

• PRO
    Acorn Home and Design LLC
    il y a 10 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 10 ans
    Hi Leslie, I might suggest a ceiling mounted track with ripplefold style drapes. This will accomplish a clean line/no drapery hardware across the wall and a tight stack back (the amount of space the draperies will take up on the wall when completely open) so that you will maximize the light coming, clear the sliding doors and deal well with the soffit also. The fabric you select can show off your style whether it be a solid, a traditional print or a modern geometric. Here is how the "ripplefold" draperies look mounted at the ceiling. Paula Bakies, Acorn Design Center Andover, MA
    Leslie Hebert a remercié Acorn Home and Design LLC
  • User
    il y a 10 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 10 ans
    In my current home I have these vertical panels. I pull them all off to the left (as opposed to splitting them in the middle). They need room to stack so they would likely take up most of the far left pane of glass, but you could also stack them on the wall if you extended the track to the left corner. It wouldn't be symmetrical but it's not going to be anyway because the windows are not centered and you have that soffit thing on the right.

[houzz=
    Roller shades NYC · Plus d'infos
    ]
    [houzz=
    La Jolla Residence · Plus d'infos
    ]
    Leslie Hebert a remercié User
  • PRO
    User
    il y a 10 ans
    Aloha. In what region of the country are you located?
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».