Houzz Logo Print
mecin

Help for patio doors and deck/patio layout

mecin
il y a 10 ans
Not crazy about having a small door out to deck from side of nook or having to fight with the kitchen table when going out the door. Thought of sliding patio doors at back of nook but have this now and drives me crazy going around the table to get out. Could sliding patio doors work off the living room area? It's cold here with long winters. Also any suggestions on best layout for deck and hot tub area (extending straight back or wrap around) thank you in advance!!

Commentaires (7)

• PRO
    Sherri L Weaver Design LLC
    il y a 10 ans
    Do you plan to use the deck for anything besides the hot tub - if so, what? What corner is the great room on (SW, NE, etc.)? When deciding on placement of the door, also keep furniture arrangement of your great room in mind. Make sure that those who design and build your deck know that you plan to put a hot tub on it, as it should be structurally beefed up to support the load.
  • mecin
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Great room is northwest primarily north facing back yard. The deck off the great room will mainly be a space for patio furniture and the deck will be on a concrete pad butting up against the deck. Below are two ideas we are pondering:
  • mecin
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Oops I meant to say the hot tub will be on a concrete pad butting up against an edge of the deck
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    I think either of these would work. Which one is best is dependent on your preferences. The sketch on the left gives the hot tub area more privacy, giving that area a more cozy feel. The sketch on the right gives a direct view of the hot tub from the great room and all outdoor areas at all times, to some extent making the hot tub the focal point of the outdoor area. The only bad thing I see is that if the prevailing winds are from the north during the times the hot tub is in use, there is no protection provided by the house. A good landscaper can provide a plan that will be visually appealing from the home and deck as well as provide a wind break. The hot tub on concrete is a wise choice. Still give your concrete people a head's up that a hot tub will be sitting on it so they can take the load into account. You don't want the concrete cracking after the tub is filled with water.
  • mecin
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Thank you Sherri, very helpful!
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    You are very welcome!
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».