Houzz Logo Print
jmmbc

need to freshen up kitchen and dining room

jmmbc
il y a 10 ans
Golden oak cabinets and dining room furniture. Would love to change it but that's not possible. Need color ideas to punch it up!

Commentaires (11)

• PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    il y a 10 ans
    White cabinets would work well in the kitchen with your white appliances and your countertops. In the dining room, I might paint the bottom of the built in black along with the chairs and the table legs. Or you could paint the built in white like the kitchen and also paint the table legs white. I would change the wall color in the dining room to something lighter and consider updating the chandelier. I'd need to know what other colors are nearby (walls and furniture) in order to specify a color. More photos would be helpful.

Kitchen Transformation · Plus d'infos

Traditional Dining Room · Plus d'infos
    jmmbc a remercié Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
  • jmmbc
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    I would love to go with black and white, but seeing as how we did the cabinets new only 5 years ago I am pretty sure my husband would have a heart attack! The table and chairs are solid oak and I would rather not paint those. Just looking for some color ideas to help make it look a little less boring!
  • jmmbc
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    I meant to say color ideas for the walls.
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    I can't tell what color, except somewhat reddish, your dining area is painted. The room seems dark which is why I suggested painting it a lighter color. But maybe it's just the photos which are dark.

You have nothing on the dining table. I suggest you add color there and also to the peninsula. You have a wire fruit basket that isn't big enough to make the right statement.
    I suggest a large colored bowl filled with faux apples or pears, or it could be a large low basket filled with living plants. Check the size of the accessories shown below.

I like the pair of pitchers in the second photo and how the colors are repeated. I don't think the apple display on the table is big enough but the color is good. Pay attention to that repetition of color. You could do something similar with cushions on your chairs and some pitchers of the same color on your built-in buffet.

The third photo shows another kind of repetition, where you make a row of like objects down the center of your table. They could be a row of coffee cups, birds, giant pears from Z Gallerie, or who knows what.

Classic Kitchen · Plus d'infos

Kitchen View · Plus d'infos

Meeting Space · Plus d'infos
  • PRO
    Five Star Kitchens
    il y a 10 ans
    If you are unable to replace and renovate why don't you take a chance and paint your cabinets? Yes, it will require a lot of work but.. it can be done with patience.
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    Where are these walls you want to paint. Could we please see some better photos?
  • jmmbc
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    The orange wall I want to paint and the wall with the bit of grey on it I would like to paint. The back splash is a cream color subway tile. The cabinets go all the way to the ceiling so there is very little wall space to be painted.Definitely not painting the cabinets, just the walls.
  • jmmbc
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    The house comes with a extremely busy 7 yr old mildly autistic boy. Pretty things usually get broken here:(. The fruit bowl is there so that hopefully my son might actually eat the fruit!
  • Claudianne Young
    il y a 10 ans
    I think if you would replace the clock and the mirror with art and add some window treatments it would look fine. If you don't like the color, then I'd pick my favorite. Your colors are so neutral I think anything would go well. Green might be nice to add some life.
  • jmmbc
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    I was just looking at BM dry sage. And was thinking maybe the hearthstone brown for an accent on the wall where the window and mirror are. I agree the mirror has to go!
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».