Houzz Logo Print
edubya

Favorite TV or Movie home?

Emily H
il y a 10 ans
Do you have a favorite home from a TV show or a movie that you adore? Which one and what movie / tv show is it from?

Share your experience! (photos encouraged)

FORREST GUMP © 1994 by Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved. · Plus d'infos

Commentaires (316)

• tcufrog
    il y a 10 ans
    Although it's a sound stage I love the house Dracula lives in on the new TV show. The mansion in the Sabrina remake is pretty incredible too.
  • magilojoh
    il y a 10 ans
    Oh and not sure this counts but I have a real fondness and soft spot for the Flintstones house in the cartoons!
  • User
    il y a 10 ans
    The Munster mansion is unbelievable!
  • Kari Palomo
    il y a 10 ans
    Show would be Full House. And movie would be the Malibu beach house in Spanglish.
  • Jill Witbeck Young
    il y a 10 ans
    We can always choose the Palace of Versaille and call it good. lol
  • User
    il y a 10 ans
    That palace, inside and out, is so unbelievable, that Napoleon preferred not to spend time in it.
  • Jill Witbeck Young
    il y a 10 ans
    Yes, it is. And, it's not like Napoleon didn't have his own 'over the top' chateau or anything...
  • rpolli
    il y a 10 ans
    I have to vote for Father of the Bride. As far as apartments, it has to be Meg Ryans in You Got Mail. I think it's the pale yellow that makes it feel like home to me.
  • carolkelley
    il y a 10 ans
    rpolli,
    Do you like the house in the original Father of the Bride or the remake? I like the house in the original movie.
  • rpolli
    il y a 10 ans
    Carol I hate to say this, but I only remember one scene from the original in the foyer by a beautiful staircase. Apparently, i need to rent it to refresh my memory lol!
  • Anne
    il y a 10 ans
    Love the farmhouse in the original Christmas in Connecticut movie. Would love to move in there and start putting my mark on it!
  • davispm
    il y a 10 ans
    Your Christmas decorations are GREAT!!!
  • sandiocd
    il y a 10 ans
    The house in "What Lies Beneath"
  • User
    il y a 10 ans
    Home Alone, What Lies Beneath and The Money Pit :)
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    il y a 10 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 10 ans
    Also suffered through "The Haunting of Sarah Hardy" twice for the Pittock Mansion and scenes along its waterfront.
  • PRO
    Serra Design Inc
    il y a 10 ans
    House used in the movie Godfather in Sicily - House of Corleone
  • dianecourbat
    il y a 10 ans
    I love the house from Ferris Buellers Day Off and the house from North by Northwest.
  • PRO
    Serra Design Inc
    il y a 10 ans
    Oh yea, the Godfather II Tahoe House
  • cat0
    il y a 10 ans
    I like Sarah Jessica Parker's Boston town house in "I Don't Know How She Does It" - especially the kitchen!
  • Vivienne Sung
    il y a 10 ans
    The house that Cameron Diaz lives in in The Holiday
  • Jill Witbeck Young
    il y a 10 ans
    I "wish" this could be a house :) Hotel Del Coronado, San Diego.
  • PRO
    EasyTurf
    il y a 10 ans
    anything with the White House.
  • erinliz615
    il y a 10 ans
    My favorite movie house is from the movie It's Complicated. The garden, kitchen, and master bathroom are especially great. Tara from Gone With the Wind is pretty wonderful too. Love the columns in the front.
  • britm
    il y a 10 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 10 ans
    Jill Witbeck Young: here is the Baby Del in Coronado, CA, just down the street from the Hotel Del. It's the house I grew up in! My father moved it from San Diego across the bay onto a beach front lot.

Also it technically counts as a TV show house because an episode of Baywatch filmed there! It's the episode with the ghost in the Hotel Del Coronado.
  • PRO
    Rebecca Hite, Realtor, Huntington Properties, LLC.
    il y a 10 ans
    The 'Sleeper House' on the drive to the Rockies from Denver is an iconic landmark and perfect for the film Sleeper!
  • Libbmom
    il y a 10 ans
    The house boat in Sleepless in Seattle.
  • Suzi Hanks
    il y a 9 ans
    Hampton's beach house from "Something's Gotta Give" just sold for $41 million!
  • User
    il y a 9 ans
    Has to be the houseboat in Sleepless in Seattle
  • escolat
    il y a 9 ans
    The plantation house from North and South, so stately
  • amanda summers
    il y a 9 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 9 ans
    I haven't seen this house on a blockbuster movie but this is open as a house filming location. I love the house which is located in Los Angeles, with a complete film-friendly features. Hope this could also be used on future films. Their website is at http://5401olympic.com and the site's gallery shows the beauty of the house.
  • carolkelley
    il y a 9 ans
    Jill Witbeck Young and britm,

Isn't the hotel in Some Like It Hot the Del Coronado or at least based on it?
  • victorianbungalowranch
    il y a 9 ans
    The house for North by Northwest was just a set, but it was inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright. The houses mentioned earlier for "Christmas in Connecticut" and "The Parent Trap" were also sets. Speaking of old movies, I also like the houses in "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" with Danny Kaye and "Life with Father."
  • victorianbungalowranch
    il y a 9 ans
    The BBC consistently has superb art direction, especially for its historical dramas. I enjoy them the first time for the drama, and the second time for the costumes and architecture and setting. The lighting is fantastic too, and shows everything at its best.

As for Downton Abbey, I much prefer isobel's and Violet's homes to Downton Abbey itself(Highclere Castle, Hampshire). They go all over England to film the show and the interiors don't always match the interiors:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1606375/locations

Top:
    Lady Violet Crawley's House (Byfleet Manor, Surrey) exterior and interior
    Mrs. Crawley's House exterior (church rectory in Bampton, Oxfordshire, also location of Downton Village) and interior (Hall Place, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire

Although the pictures make the interiors look more yellow and darker than they should, both rooms show classic elegant Edwardian taste in light colors with subtle tonal differences to accent the paneled walls.
  • Sally Pascale
    il y a 9 ans
    I loved the historic Gamble House, that was Doc's home in Back to the Future. And the elegant estate on Gosford Park...the precursor to Downton Abbey.
  • testes2
    il y a 9 ans

The simple New England elegance of The Barrett House from the film adaptation of the Henry James novel The Europeans starring Lee Remick

• dalintaylor
    il y a 9 ans
    The Royal Tennenbaums
    Practical Magic
    The Ice Storm
    Fight Club (to appease the nihilist in me)
  • PRO
    Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
    il y a 9 ans

Home Alone!

• PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    il y a 9 ans

I dressed up as "The Gryffendor Common Room after a night of partying" last Halloween... Nope, didn't get a photo.

• Jon Lien
    il y a 9 ans

Mr. Tony Stark's house from Iron Man :D

• junef22
    il y a 9 ans
    The treehouse from Swiss Family Robinson!
  • User
    il y a 9 ans
    Absolute favorite ever...
    Hepburn's home in Tahiti in "Love Affair"...that setting...I could see myself a little old lady happily puttering around there...

You reminded me of Forrest Gump, so yes to that...
    The beach house in "Something's Gotta Give"
    The house in "To Catch A Thief"
    That island cottage that Brosnan took Russo to in The Crowne Affair

The Castle in Anna and the King. Yes. I can like a castle if I want... :)
  • PRO
    Envision Design
    il y a 9 ans

Love the classic San Francisco Victorian home from Mrs. Doubtfire!

It even had stainless steel appliances in 1993

• dreamhomechicc
    il y a 8 ans

Life as we know it, no reservations, daddy day care, the notebook, cheaper by the dozen,..... so many, I could go on forever! How to choose?! Haha so many amazing on-screen homes!

• Cynthia Shelley
    il y a 7 ans

Karen Blixen's house in Out Of Africa! Its perfect for here in Arizona! So comfy and inviting!

• Cynthia Shelley
    il y a 7 ans

Karen Blixen's house in Out Of Africa! Its perfect for here in Arizona! So comfy and inviting!

• PRO
    Seen On Set
    il y a 7 ans

Find all of the furniture, lighting and decor seen in movies and TV shows at https://www.seenonset.com/

• job438
    il y a 7 ans

bill yockey;: That is my dream! Chintz, huge fireplace, piano and Felix in the kitchen. Just a quiet place to tend the gardens and let the years roll by.

• breezychild1
    il y a 6 ans

Brady Bunch house. The Ponderosa. Hogwarts. The

Biltmore House.

• bellarosa
    il y a 2 ans

Harrison Ford's house in the movie, Patriot Games. Love the movie and the house!

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    l'année dernière

Can't exactly recall this type of house being in a particular movie but any Charleston side house in any movie or show is my absolute favorite!

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».