Houzz Logo Print
meritage14

Revolving bookcase

Wish
il y a 10 ans
I know this is really outside the box but is there such thing as a revolving bookcase to hide a portion of my house (like in the movies). I am having a home built and they haven't even framed the foundation yet. I have four kids and they would all love it. (I secretly would, too). The builder (meritage) declined to even consider it (a fire pole was also declined). I suppose I could suspend a bookcase from rails and make it slide to reveal the hall but it is just not the same. Is this an addition for later?

Commentaires (7)

• hayleydaniels
    il y a 10 ans
    Instead of having it built in, have it built to stand alone so it's a piece of furniture you can put wherever you want.
  • Wish
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Hayley, I am not understanding your comment. Would you explain how it would be free standing and still a revolving door, because I am open to suggestions.
    Below is the floor plan. At the entrance to the hallway in the game room is where I'd like to put the door.
    If not there, in the entryway/foyer on the wall to the right that will be the "utility"/second office.
    I offered $1,000- for the builders to make it happen.
  • Wish
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Upstairs hall from game room OR in the foyer with an exact matching hall table, flower vase, and wall mirror on both sides. Thoughts?
  • Wish
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Sorry, not utility room, it is the optional "workshop/flex" room that I would hide.
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    il y a 10 ans
    Instead of a revolving bookcase, you can instead put one on hinges
    Contemporary Hall · Plus d'infos
    This is my next project to make once warm weather comes to our area again
  • PRO
    Twin Cities Trimming, LLC
    il y a 7 ans

Oh yes, that is definitely doable. We are trimming out a house that has one of these right now. Behind it is a completely hidden room. Feel free to email me direct for more info! Twincitiestrimming@gmail.com

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».