Houzz Logo Print
hails_b_86

Should I paint the bathroom window black

hails_b_86
il y a 10 ans
I have just renovated the bathroom in my house and was thinking it might look better with a black window frame

Commentaires (11)

• kadodi
    il y a 10 ans
    You could... But I don't think you should. Black would give it emphasis. I think your tile should be the statement.
  • lc21
    il y a 10 ans
    No I wouldn't
  • Manon Floreat
    il y a 10 ans
    Cool idea! But as others have said, you might not like the results. With that said, it's such a small area, that a prime and repaint wouldn't be too big of an ordeal.

How do you feel about an off black for the wall color and leaving the trim as is? A much bigger statement, but I think you could handle it - especially by the looks of that deco print you have!

Here a few photos you might get some ideas from in making your decision. I hope you share what you decide to do!

North Toronto Bathroom · Plus d'infos

Master Bath · Plus d'infos
  • hails_b_86
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    wow thanks for all the responses. I will leave it as Is then as it was painful to paint the first time. As for the wall colour I am not sure as it is a pretty small bathroom so the dark might close it in. I like the chandelier idea will have to look into that. Thanks
  • PRO
    Style-Bites
    il y a 10 ans
    I say do it! I just remodeled a bathroom and used black base boards and casing as well as black floors. Check out my portfolio under Regency Master Bath.
    It would add dimension in your space! If not, then paint the walls a warm neutral, like a gray to add interest to your space.
    Much love.
  • hails_b_86
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Thought you might like to see what it was like before tiny 650 wide shower. we kept the vanity and bath soap holder and got them resurfaced.
  • User
    il y a 9 ans
    I am about to get my surfaces re-enameled to get rid of the 80s peach and cream... yours looks absolutely fantastic, it's very inspiring! Just wondering, did you retile the floor and was it difficult to work around the vanity if so? Thanks!

PS I think a black trim on the windows would look fabulous, personally, and am thinking of it for my own bathroom (also small, art deco).
  • User
    il y a 9 ans
    PPS Have you considered an art deco mirror with sconces on the side or above instead of the medicine cabinet? I know it's a pain losing space to keep your stuff but I just bought this fan mirror for my bathroom and expect it will have a dramatic effect (chandeliers also sound like a great idea).
  • hails_b_86
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Hi we did get the floor re - tiled but we removed the vanity first then got it enameled. We didn't put in a mirror like that as we don't have any other place for storage as its a small bathroom. But thanks for the suggestion
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    il y a 9 ans
    No please do not do that. The idea is not to emphasize the window and by painting it black would do exactly that.

J Design Group, Pinecrest - Miami Interior Designers - Modern Interior Design Firm in Miami, Florida - Ocean Front Contemporary Decorator - http://www.JDesignGroup.com
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».