Houzz Logo Print
princetyler90

What questions to ask a potential custom builder

Steve Crowder
il y a 10 ans
We have built homes in the past but it has been a while. None of them were custom but this time we have decided to build what we want instead of remodeling or settling. Where do we begin; can't read enough info.

Commentaires (3)

• PRO
    By Design Custom Home Concierge
    il y a 9 ans
    Sorry I'm late to this discussion but I was doing a search on custom home builders to see what questions Houzzers like you are asking and saw that no one responded to your request. As a custom home concierge I work with people like you all the time who WANT to build a custom home but DON'T want to give up their life or career to do it. You might want to visit my Pro Page and "Follow Me" so you can get my weekly "I WANT THAT" feature of the week. Please also visit my website where you can download my Free Report - 10 MUST ASK Questions if You Are Building a Custom Home. You have already started the first task I ask my custom home clients to do - start an Ideabook on Houzz. This will help your custom home team know what you like and the look you are going for - the old adage still rings true "a picture is worth a thousand words" and in the case of building a custom home - can be worth thousands of $$$$! Hope this helps. Happy Houzzing. Karen
    Steve Crowder a remercié By Design Custom Home Concierge
  • Marlo
    il y a 9 ans
    Get references and talk to them all.
  • PRO
    Willowbrook Homes Inc.
    il y a 9 ans
    I am a Custom Builder. My suggestion is to interview as many Potential Custom Builders in your area that you consider or have been advised are qualified. The main item to consider when interviewing them is that you are not just wanting to know if they can do what you want but can you work with them. You are going to be in this relationship for several months and possibly a year or more. You want to know that they are honest, trust worthy and you can communicate with each other. This is a relationship that is going to be tested on both sides so take your time making your selection. Once you have decided on the one that fits then work with them from design, specifications, budget, contract, construction and possession. When you are designing your home tell the architect, builder and interior designer what your budget is. There are a lot of ways to design a home, to build a home and many more interior selections that need to be made. All these factor into a final price. Without knowledge of the budget anyone of these areas can affect the budget and have a negative affect on your experience. This should be and can be a lot of fun and provide great memories and pride in your accomplishment. This is a team effort not a confrontational event where everything is questioned and challenged for the lack of trust.
    Cecil
    Willowbrook Homes Inc.
    Steve Crowder a remercié Willowbrook Homes Inc.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».