Houzz Logo Print
cjbandit74

Living room make over- need help please!

Christina Fava
il y a 7 ans
Hi!!

I am in the process of updating my living room and need some advice, as I am in a complete stand still as what to do next.
This is what I have done so far-
Painted the wall BM Bar harbor to lighten/brighten the room and purchased a sectional sofa in a light color to blend in and try to make the room bigger.
Replaced the fee standing white mantel electric fireplace with a 50" contemporary linear electrics fireplace.

I just added this bronze finished mirror above the sectional (love this mirror) but not sure if this is the right placement. I'm concerned now that I have 2-focal points (the fireplace wall) and now the mirror which seems like too much in this small room.
1) Should I leave the mirror on the wall? If yes, what do you suggest I put on the sides of it (any pics greatly appreciated)

2) I can't decide on a color scheme for this room- I picked up the two throw pillow- charcoal,grey- but now I'm not sure what other color accent pillow would look nice with them- feel like they are somewhat limiting??
I love corals and greens and navy blues- but just not sure how to tie it all in??
Suggestions on color schemes, pillows, curtains welcome,,,
3) Di I need an area rug I'm afraid it's going to make the space smaller?

4) Any suggestions for fire place wall should I paint it an accent color? Or make it more decorative with a fire place mantle shelf?
I would love to put stack stone on it but I don't have a faux chimney breast,, any ideas here?

5) Suggestions for walls opposite the sofa?

6) suggestions for what to put behind the front door- don't want a coat rack b/c don't want to see all the kids/guests coats- don't have any place to display stuff- photos, decorations- not sure how to dive that one?? Maybe coffe table ottoman

Please Help

Commentaires (1,2 K)

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».