Houzz Logo Print
jeanht

Need curb appeal

jeanht
il y a 9 ans
My house needs some changes, it's 16 years old and there is no charm or curb appeal. How can I improve the exterior Wow factor?

Commentaires (10)

• PRO
    Unique Wood Surfaces
    il y a 9 ans
    If that is wood siding and paint able you may have something to work with. Can't quite tell from images.
  • PRO
    John Barton Architect
    il y a 9 ans
    The only thing that stands put on the front is the porch do focus your efforts there... The columns need to be larger and could be a design element. If you want to take it even farther, raise the roof over the porch so the gutter line of the porch is 1'-2' higher than the front wall...

Good luck!!!
  • delyanks
    il y a 9 ans
    I'd widen the columns. I'd put a white band board along the gable of the porch maybe 4-6". I'd vinyl cedar shake the porch gable. To go further if your budget allows, stone the foundation. You may also want to change the shutter color to something lighter..
  • jeanht
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    The house is grey siding with green shutters. The foundation is poured concrete walls with a brick pattern.
  • kimmytask
    il y a 9 ans
    I agree with the comments on brightening the shutter color, using thicker columns and adding more colorful landscape. However, when adding landscape, use various types and heights of plantings...it appears that the existing shrubbery is all the same.
  • chezron
    il y a 9 ans
    Can you widen the two outside columns and remove the middle one? The middle column makes the front look unwelcoming. I think your home needs color. Please allow any shrubs to assume a natural shape rather than trim as meatballs.
  • flopsycat1
    il y a 9 ans
    I've always liked this porch. Not sure if it goes with the style of your house, but maybe something similar.
  • PRO
    Maltby Design
    il y a 9 ans
    Without knowing your budget, there's no way to make any sound recommendations.
  • jeanht
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Thank you everyone for your tips & suggestions. I really like the ideas, especially the porch made by flopsycat. The siding is something I do not want to replace, as it is still in great condition. I am considering changing out the shutters for wider white trim around the windows & doors. Adding color to new landscaping. Thank you again! Any more suggestions are always appreciated.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».