Houzz Logo Print
kfx216

Sources for sofas and chairs - econimical and good quality?

kfx216
il y a 9 ans
I have a challenge. To sell, I need to stage a house that is in NC and will need 2 sofas to do it plus 2 arm chairs. Once I sell this house, I will be building a house 500+ miles away.

I'm deciding whether to buy what appear to be cheap but cost effective sofas for looks only from a place like Overstock and then sell before I move. Or buy something better and be able to use them in my new house.

The current house is in an historic district and was built in 1936 although I've gutted and renovated the kitchen and added an entire second story. I need it to look modern and appealing to a young family, and my existing furniture (Art Deco loveseat and chairs with overstuffed arms and wood detail from 1920s) doesn't support that. In fact, I will sell my existing furniture since it won't work in my new house either.

Does anyone have sources for good furniture at economical prices? When I was renovating this house last spring, Houzzers gave me some excellent options for kitchen cabinets and lighting. I'm hoping to find similar sources for furniture. In my new house, I will have a large family room that will fit 2 sofas, so I can use good quality and coordinating sofas and chairs, if I can find them. But I don't want to spend $3000+ on furniture right now - I need to get my current house sold.

Thanks!

Commentaires (3)

• kadodi
    il y a 9 ans
    Your story sounds like my dilemma a couple of years ago. We had a 1940 fully remodeled cape cod near DC & were designing a custom home to be built in TX. It all worked out well as the house sold and we are living in my beautiful custom home. I went through agony trying to decide whether to stage the house or not... Finally left it empty with new paint, almost new stainless appliances, and newly finished hardwood floors. There was lots of interest then a young, newly married couple fell in love with it. #happyending4all
    kfx216 a remercié kadodi
  • kfx216
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Unfortunately, I've done the new paint, refinished floors and new appliances, and I can't bring myself to leave it empty during the upcoming prime season. You have given me a dream to hang on re: living in my new home!
  • PRO
    MadModWorldVintage
    il y a 6 ans

Why not consider vintage? If you find a reputable dealer near you they may consider renting to you! I am trying to get into the rental business myself! <3 I have iconic Mid Century pieces in my inventory and I am sure you have some dealers near you that would consider that and save you a ton of money and the hassle of reselling later!

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».