Houzz Logo Print
janmann

Can this house plan be purchased through the Healthy Home Plan site?

janmann
il y a 11 ans
Rustic Cabin · Plus d'infos

Commentaires (15)

• PRO
    nancekivell home planning & design
    il y a 11 ans
    No, it is a custom design done with Sala Architects in Stillwater Minnesota. Sorry, but I'm pleased you like it.
  • PRO
    Passarelli Custom Homes
    il y a 11 ans
    What color is the lap siding and the trim?
  • Terri Lehman
    il y a 11 ans
    would you do red windows with the color scheme? or switch to whitish trim vs. Spanish Moss with the red roof and Bark siding? how would that change the look? love this look but now stuck on red windows and can not find the right red so looking at what white would do
  • PRO
    Passarelli Custom Homes
    il y a 11 ans
    Jeld-wen makes a nice red window.
  • PRO
    il y a 11 ans
    Yes, red windows could look nice with the spanish moss and bark stains. I wouldn't use white trim with red windows and the bark stain, I feel the windows would be too contrasting and busy with the bark base color.

Using red trim to beef-up the red clad windows could be a fun look, but I would recommend a lighter base color then the bark (Cabot has some great options). This look would be more contemporary and whimsical then this cabin, which I intended to have a more historic look.

Hope this helps. —Jim
  • cbgp
    il y a 11 ans
    Gorgeous cabin! What roofing shingles are those and what color?
  • PRO
    il y a 11 ans
    The shingles are made by CertainTeed, Landmark series, color is Cottage Red.
  • Terri Lehman
    il y a 11 ans
    I guess I didn't say it right...the red windows are hard to find the right Red (too rust or too berry); so looking at black or white (Most likely going with Marvin Integrity). so if i did white windows with a stone white trim or spanish moss...what would that do to the look? make it more ? Cottage?
    or ebony or bronze windows...the look I am going for is an "Old World Hunting Lodge"
  • PRO
    il y a 11 ans
    If you want an old world lodge look you should use dark windows (not white or red), I've used Marvin's bronze a number of times and these would work great for you and look nice with the spanish moss trim. Black (as I used on this project), would also work well but that color is an up charge from the standard Marvin bronze. Red or white windows will look more cottage VS lodge. Good luck.
  • Terri Lehman
    il y a 11 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 11 ans
    would you use what is called brick molding around the windows for added red or black color or ?.... still thinking Marvin Red or Black with simulated divided lights? still sticking to the red roof and bark and moss for colors. we will be having 6" trim around the windows & 8" for corner trim and some vertical trim boards...or just normal window trim? we are a ramble street side and two-story look on lake side with some shakes and Haida Skirl, Sawn Textured, Wavy edge Siding
  • PRO
    il y a 11 ans
    Yes, I would add brick moulding to give the wind definition more prominence next to the 6" trim, especially if the trim is a different color then the clad windows.
  • Cindy Roberg
    il y a 11 ans
    I really like your cabin and the coloring you picked out. Are you still happy with the color? Are if you could have a do over would you pick a lighter color. We are building a new cabin and I was wondering about the coloring of your cabin. Thanks Cindy
  • docls
    il y a 9 ans
    Is the soffit stained with the Pepperwood solid? This color pattern is awesome
  • PRO
    il y a 2 ans

It is a custom house and not available as a plan for purchase.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».