Houzz Logo Print
pansy85

Counter high or standard ht slab table help for kitchen

Pansy Cra
il y a 9 ans
I want a slab table custom made for the kitchen and would like guidance on the design dimensions. - pls.

Pls offer suggestions on counter ht at 35 " or standard ht at 30"
I suppose shorter length with s counter ht and longer length with the standard ht. the island is counter ht and the dilemma comes into play as deciding if I should keep the height flow going in the kitchen.
I also have a set of ivory arm-chair barstools at the island.

I know the slab table can have a rustic look but I want to add a splash of glam to balance it out but need help with that part too as far as the chairs/ seating.

All help is welcomed. -- thanks in advance!

Commentaires (15)

• jhmarie
    il y a 9 ans
    Personally I would go with the shorter height so it appears to be a table and not a second island. Also, seating is more comfortable at table hight. When i sit at my island, my feet dangle. The height would not determine the length. I have seen very long tables at table height.
    Pansy Cra a remercié jhmarie
  • Pansy Cra
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Thanks Jhmarie -- I have a pic of the possible design but the final look depends on the tree. - I presume.
    I suggested the longer length for the standard 30" so it doesn't look too awkward in the wide space
  • zazfuzzroc
    il y a 9 ans
    Maybe?....
    Dining Room Project 1 · Plus d'infos

Greenbrier Residence · Plus d'infos

https://www.houzz.com/photos/122-north-anita-transitional-dining-room-los-angeles-phvw-vp~2166964

https://www.houzz.com/photos/150-w-contemporary-dining-room-toronto-phvw-vp~759290
    Willow Glen Residence · Plus d'infos

Good luck! That's a great table, and I think it will turn out nice! :)
    Pansy Cra a remercié zazfuzzroc
  • Pansy Cra
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Those are beautiful inspirations azz! Beach house II is a go.
  • Pansy Cra
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    What dimensions for table ht would you suggest to seat 4-6
  • zazfuzzroc
    il y a 9 ans
    Hi, yeah....I guess I have kinda been an "azz". lol :) J/K I'm glad you found some inspiration from the pictures. :) I'm not quite understanding your question...... what I can say is, I find a length of 72" very comfortable seating six.....but that would probably be a bit much to seat just four. I think going with a standard height will let it stand apart from the island and draw even more attention to a beautiful piece. :) If I can help at all....just give a shout, I'll be around. :) Good luck! :)
  • PRO
    4th Edition Design
    il y a 9 ans
    We custom make slab tables and have a fun and professional process which includes 3d images so you can see how the table will look before we start. Happy to discuss 512.363.5093
  • PRO
    4th Edition Design
    il y a 9 ans
    Sample photo of 3d - thanks!
  • Pansy Cra
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Oh crap!! Zaz, I'm so so sorry--- spell check did it and I didn't check before I hit submit.... Embarrassed to no return
  • zazfuzzroc
    il y a 9 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 9 ans
    @Pansy Cra, no problem at all. It's fine...it gave me a laugh. Thanks! Please don't apologize. Really. :) I cannot wait to see your table. How long before we get a peek at it?
  • PRO
    4th Edition Design
    il y a 9 ans
    The above was quite humorous:)
  • Pansy Cra
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Thanks for the sense of humor!! ;)) I'm crossing my fingers for a completion and in place by mid February. Will definitely upload pictures!! Thanks again!
  • zazfuzzroc
    il y a 9 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 9 ans
    Will definitely be checking back. I bookmarked your post.... so I don't lose ya! See you in February. Can't wait. ;)
  • Pansy Cra
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    I finally got the finished product of the live edge dining table... After 2 months delay, near lawsuit, and oh never-mind. Wasn't really feeling the "lack" of live edge but just said oh well I've waited long enough.
    So I'm letting the table grow on me.

I paired it with the teal linen chairs and got stuck on the selection of 2 captain chairs, in terms of style, color, etc.
    Can anyone suggest some finishing touches to my kitchen.

1. I'm working on backsplash selection too as I have the granite selection.
    2. I want to change the light fixture (very granny-like)
    3. Drapes (if that's not over kill)
    4. Kitchen wall color
    4a. Option so far: revere pewter by Benjamin Moore
    4b. The kitchen open to the family room which will probably have revere pewter walls

Any thoughts to pull this lil concoction together.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».