Houzz Logo Print
dipans

Room remodel suggestions - fireplace, curtains, and paint

dipans
il y a 11 ans
We are looking to remodel the room and wanted to modernize the style to the room. What suggestions do you have?

A friend recommended we do full length curtains to the ceiling with a sheer (the ceiling pretty tall). We like the light but the afternoon light is unbearable. There is a nice view of the city so we dont want to block it during the day as well. Not sold on the curtain idea...

We plan to get new furniture, where do you recommend the TV spot? We like the couch (will be a new one, most likely grey) where it is, because of the view. preferable this, http://www.zgallerie.com/p-12491-vapor-sectional.aspx

Looking to repaint all the walls and redo the fireplace as well. Would like the floor to ceiling fireplace look but the ceiling has a step at the center of the fireplace, would that look weird?

Any suggestions on designs.

thank you!

Commentaires (3)

• decoenthusiaste
    il y a 11 ans
    Because of all the curves built in to your architecture, I don't care for the angularity of the sofa you have selected. Do love the color, but I think you need your sofa to mimic the curve of your dropped ceiling. Curtains should not be an issue. Hang from a decorative pole in the space between upper and lower ones, extend the pole past the windows so the panels will make what they call a "stack-back" in the area past the window. You'll have your view, can close off the sun (make sure they are insulated) and will have the beauty of fabric and possibly a print. I might look for a print that repeats the swirls in your stair raliling to carry the theme to the opposite side of the room. I would hang the tv on the wall to the right of the fireplace so it can be seen from the sectional but won't jam up the corner or the drapery when drawn back. The large opposite wall is a good location for a beaufitul table with a large piece of art hung above it, but it appears to be a window. I might actually consider totally covering it up with a large piece of furniture to counter balance the weight of the fireplace on the other side. Drapes, if it is a window, should be hung at the same level as the other ones, and you can do two chairs, table and lamp in front of the closed drapes. If the knee wall supporting the railing curves, look to find a curved table to put there with lamp(s) if you have outlets.
  • PRO
    Ana Maria Designs
    il y a 11 ans
    Hunter Douglas Luminettes are verticals inside fabrics,a more contemporary look,but they are fabulous, bc you can open & close the verticals, lots of fabrics to chose from so you can keep your view. check them out. The fireplace wall is your focal point so how about units on either side to house the TV, books etc. this way the TV isn't sitting to one side by itself. Remove the architectural detail above the fireplace if you don't like it but by flanking it on either side it becomes the central focal point & you'll draw the eye away from the ceiling issue. Hope this helps:)
  • dipans
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 11 ans
    thank u for the tips!
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».