Houzz Logo Print
christina102690

Curb appeal

christina102690
il y a 11 ans
What would give my house some curb appeal? Paint change suggestions? Front door suggestions?

Commentaires (4)

• swewer
    il y a 11 ans
    Colors..Taupe and Creams : Taupe background and cream shutters and garage doors. You need some more mature trees in front. Try an overhang in front of the door, with posts. Lose the colonial triangle above the door. Rethink the sconces on either side of the door. Try carriage lights instead. Maybe window flower boxes. Needs a bit of romance there. Very rectangular. Are you buying it or selling it? I see a realtor sign...
  • houssaon
    il y a 11 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 11 ans
    Maybe a deep tan (or taupe) like this house:
    BROM Builders · Plus d'infos
    Or this tan:
    BROM Builders · Plus d'infos
    A deep dark grey would look good, too:
    The Sandberg Home · Plus d'infos
    With all of these colors, I'd go white on the shutters.

I would build a raised bed in the middle of the lawn on the left side of the house to hide the deep slope from the street view. I would also add more bushes to the foundation planting.
  • PRO
    E2 Illumination Designs
    il y a 11 ans
    I wouldn't worry about paint as much as mature landscaping throughout.
  • PRO
    J.T. Design
    il y a 11 ans
    This represents one of the things I hate as a designer, about this style of home: No weather protection for the front door, and no real sense of entry, so no real curb appeal. This `poor red headed step child' of the colonial style should never be built as a modern home, since we no longer have the material restrictions that were common in the mid 1700's to early 1800's.
    Do yourself and your guests a big favor and add a nice 2-story covered entryway.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».