Houzz Logo Print
readhem

Kitchen Cabinets: Take them white or darker wood?

readhem
il y a 9 ans
We are going to have our cabinets refinished. Should I stain the wood darker or take them off-white? Will probably contrast the island. Floor is staying the same. Countertops are staying the same. Backsplash is coming out and will probably be replaced with subway tile. Ideas?

Commentaires (4)

• PRO
    Terri Weinstein Design, Inc
    il y a 9 ans
    If you're going to use subway tile (which I love!) I would definitely use off white on the cabinets. Make sure the finished color on the cabinetry will blend (not necessarily match) the subway tile you choose.
  • marilynellis
    il y a 9 ans
    It's entirely a personal preference. I'd look at Houzz photos of white cabinets with black appliances first to see if you like that much contrast.
  • chloebud
    il y a 9 ans
    I agree...entirely personal preference. I love white cabinets but probably wouldn't have them with your countertops and black appliances. Subway tiles will look great.
  • Barbara Almandarz
    il y a 9 ans
    Not sure I'd go with white - rather a off-white to stay with the warmth in your floor and granite. Get some black or dark cardboard and put infant of your island. It's rather large and in very dark color it may not look the way you imagine.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».