Houzz Logo Print
morgan616

Ensuite/wetroom layout

morgan616
il y a 9 ans
Hi all seeking advice on two options for an ensuite mum and I are designing.

The ensuite is in a tightish bedroom 3.6m x 3.8m.

Option A a long ensuite 190cm x 80cm running across the back wall.

Option B is a corner ensuite 150cm x 150cm (although the door comes in at an angle, to save space and replicate the angled walls in the flat/room)

The plans show measurements/layouts for the two options.

My question is:
1. Which of these is most likely to feel cramped inside?
2. Is Option A or B best?
3. Do you have recommendations for changing the layout in the option you suggest?

The flat is being fully refurbished to a high standard. Contemporary and minimalist. The ensuite is to be a wetroom, although it will have glass panels enclosing the shower area. No shower door just walk in.

Thanks!

Commentaires (12)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    il y a 9 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 9 ans
    What about turning the bed 180 degrees in option A and off the main wall 70cm ( so same space as option A ) and have a stud wall behind the bed to give you a shower room and walk in wardrobe area behind the bed .
    morgan616 a remercié OnePlan
  • iolosdad
    il y a 9 ans
    Option B and flip the bed to go under the window ? come back and show us the after pix ?
    morgan616 a remercié iolosdad
  • PRO
    Parker Bathrooms & Kitchens
    il y a 9 ans
    Where is your clothes hanging space? Are you planning a wardrobe as that might make the decision for you!
  • minnie101
    il y a 9 ans
    Hi. Are there any other options in the flat/house? Do you need an ensuite? If you have to have an en suite I'd go for option a as the bedroom feels more spacious, most people can put up with a small en suite and prefer a larger room. Or can the bed go under the window? How high is it? And then you could effectively create a long bedroom by having the ensuite in the top left corner as you look at the pic with storage running all the way down to the end wall.
    morgan616 a remercié minnie101
  • Jonathan
    il y a 9 ans
    I think option A gives you a better bedroom and still a good shower room.
    I think you will need a shower door as the walk-in won't have enough screen to keep the rest of the room dry.
    Consider a pocket door between the bedroom and ensuite to save space.
    morgan616 a remercié Jonathan
  • Jonathan
    il y a 9 ans
    Ps- I liked the earlier idea of the bed in front of the window- not normally my favourite place but it does give you more room for the ensuite and wardrobes.
    Lastly I might make the ensuite longer to accommodate a larger basin and storage
  • morgan616
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Hi all some great suggestions. I'm going to the flat to try them out now!
  • morgan616
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Pocket door sounds like a good space saver @ jonathan and yes agree with a longer ensuite
  • morgan616
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    I'll look at the ensuite/wardrobe behind the bed - never conceived of that. Would take some thinking
  • morgan616
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    The bed could go under the window... It's double glazed so wouldn't be cold, although I do like the comfort of headboard to rest my head on when reading and brekkie in bed
  • morgan616
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Yes drywsdad pics to be released in circa 8 wks!
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».