Houzz Logo Print
roni35

Curtains for extra wide windows

L,l," @" Pl
il y a 9 ans
I am struggling to come up with an optimal curtain style for these patio doors as the width is nearly 6 metres and I have very little stacking space on either side of the doors. Ideally I would like to go for eyelet curtains as the curtains take up the least space and folds back neatly and fairly modern in look but my curtain maker has advised that a pole that long which is only supported in the middle (and ends) will bend over time. Does that sound right? Any other suggestions much appreciated.

Commentaires (8)

• PRO
    Ensign Accessories
    il y a 9 ans
    Hi there, it seems as if you are not overlooked, so why not enjoy the open vista of your lovely windows and not have curtains at all. The problem with curtains is that whatever you do with them, they will look heavy. Please live with this for a short while before you finally decide whether you want to destroy the beautiful opportunity you have. Good luck.
  • L,l," @" Pl
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Thanks! Yes I am not overlooked so it would only be to have a feeling of warmth in the winter. The feature of the flat is the balcony so keen not to detract from it. The people who lived here before me had curtains (triple pinch pleat) grubby looking, took up too much of the window and heavy and it looked awful so trying not to make the same mistake but hadn't thought of not having curtains at all!
  • Ashley Swallow
    il y a 9 ans
    Look into wave headings gives the same effect as eyelets but can use a track or pole with more supports and c rings that pass over supports
  • hortonhearsawho2013
    il y a 9 ans
    Go without! Such a lovely room! If you did want daytime privacy, IKEA do rollerblinds that let the light in but could give that feeling of cosiness in winter.
  • PRO
    Feioi
    il y a 9 ans
    Go for simple white roller blinds. During the day they will roll up neatly so you can enjoy the view, but at night you can have them down so you don't feel so exposed.
  • PRO
    The Curtain Place
    il y a 9 ans
    I would also agree that you can buy poles which have passing brackets & C rings to enable more brackets to be fixed. There are also some pretty modern tracks on the market now available in colours other than white. If you just want to add warmth to the room, you could think about having blinds for privacy and then just adding a short length of track or pole at each side of the window on which to hang 'dress' curtains! So that you have the effect of curtains without the expense of having to cover such a wide window
  • PRO
    Pole Design
    il y a 8 ans

Installing a silent gliss track or pole with the wave system would be perfect. Sheer curtains with a wave heading would filter light yet give privacy.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».