Houzz Logo Print
arshearer

Advice on 80's timber kitchen

arshearer
il y a 8 ans
This is a really functional/structural kitchen and I love the layout - it really works for our family. Sadly it's ugly and outdated. I don't want a new kitchen as its expensive and just a waste of resources but want to revamp it. We have already committed to painting the walls white and pulling up the Lino up to see if we have floorboards. Getting a quote on new Caesar stone bench tops - what colour? We can move kitchen table out & use island bench maybe? Need advise/ideas/inspiration especially colours

Commentaires (9)

• wuff
    il y a 8 ans
    You will be amazed what a good professional looking paint job will do for your kitchen cabinets. Plus changing the knobs on your cabinets will make your kitchen look contemporary and give you a great new look. Get some swatches of paint and bench tops samples and make a board and see what you like the most and what looks good together. Good luck
  • wuff
    il y a 8 ans
    Changing your tiles on splash back as well, no feature tiles. Choose colours you like then you will love it
  • PRO
    Knight-Smith Images
    il y a 8 ans
    I agree, paint it white or a very light colour. I would do a light or white coloured Caesar stone bench top.

I would clean all the timber on the kitchen doors, but I would not paint them, leave the beautiful grain.

I would also look at painting the timber around the cornice and maybe the window frame white.

I like to think dark timber and light elsewhere like the walls, window frames etc.

Hope you've got nice floorboards.
  • Melissa
    il y a 8 ans
    i agree with keeping the timber colour too. but i have to ask what are the dangly bits at the top of the photo?
  • dohraime
    il y a 8 ans
    I noticed that too melissabaulch! I think they might be knife handles. Maybe photo was taken through a servery window & there's a magnetic knife rack above??
  • Melissa
    il y a 8 ans
    That probably makes more sense! i thought it was some funky octopus inspired light fitting.
  • dohraime
    il y a 8 ans

Good find!

• PRO
    Riche Design
    il y a 8 ans

Clean the timber doors with steel wool and rub Danish oil onto them this will give them a clean fresh new look. Change the door handles and add a modern island bench. Larger tiles to splashback or use the same caesar stone as the benchtop.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».