Houzz Logo Print
pferreira80

Pruning hornbeams

pferreira80
il y a 8 ans
How difficult do you think it would be to keep these hornbeams trimmed to a somewhat shorter height? Do you think it's feasible? Also, how long do they remain bare in the winter?
Contemporary Urban Garden · Plus d'infos

Commentaires (3)

• PRO
    Katia Goffin Gardens
    il y a 8 ans

Super easy to prune the hornbeams at the height you desire .

I would keep a min. height of 36" - they just look better that way.

They loose their leaves at the end of autumn and leaves return in early spring. The branching habit of hornbeams is so tight (if properly pruned ) that they form a screen even without leaves.

Hornbeams are one of my favorite choices for a garden.

pferreira80 a remercié Katia Goffin Gardens
  • PRO
    Katia Goffin Gardens
    il y a 8 ans

hornbeam hedge n winter

pferreira80 a remercié Katia Goffin Gardens
  • PRO
    Les Arbres Tree Service & Fine Gardening
    il y a 7 ans
    It is important when pruning to maintain a 'cant'. Simply put, you want the top to be pruned slightly inward (not apparent to the eye) so that light can penetrate the trees from top to bottom and also so the trees don't become top heavy.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».