Houzz Logo Print
ginger4181

Brick fireplace re do help

ginger4181
il y a 8 ans

Really want to re do our brick fireplace , any ideas for nicer mantle or fireplace surround ?

Commentaires (7)

• ginger4181
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

• ginger4181
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

• emmarene9
    il y a 8 ans

Would you consider no mantle at all? It might look better. I don't use my fireplace so I gave away the cover screen. I don't like the look of them.

One thing you could do is cover the hearth in wood like this.

I actually like your fireplace wall. I don't like the mantle though. What do you dislike about the fireplace? Is it all just too rustic for you?

• PRO
    Marcone Sampaio
    il y a 8 ans

Hi. The brick surface is a very solid and ready surface to receive stone or tile. The hearth is also ready for a nice piece of granite or marble. As for a mantel, I'd not get away with it, but I'd make it look a bit thicker. The mantel design greatly depends on the material used for the face and hearth.

• ginger4181
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

I would love to change mantle to bigger thicker .. And the whole wall is brick so can I add wood to make a surround ?

• PRO
    Marcone Sampaio
    il y a 8 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 8 ans

Yes, you can. Wood paneling is usually 1/4" thick so it will not interfere with the window trims and baseboards (usually 3/4"thick). If you use a smooth type of paneling it can be painted as the other walls and it will kind of disappear (it will blend in with the other walls).

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».