Houzz Logo Print
lyonwp

Ideas for furniture layout and mantel decor please!

whitney kuefler
il y a 8 ans

{{attachment:1766006}}Just moved into our new home and getting new furniture for the living room. Not sure if a sectional would be good or couch and love seat or two chairs. We aren't putting a television in this space as it will be more of a conversation area. Any ideas on furniture layout, color ideas, and mantel decor would be great!

Commentaires (3)

• PRO
    HMH Development Inc
    il y a 8 ans
    Dimensions, rough floor plan would be helpful.
  • whitney kuefler
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 8 ans

14'x11'

space is open to the kitchen and dining room

• PRO
    Edit Home Staging
    il y a 8 ans

It always looks nice to maintain the open flow, so I'd suggest flanking the fireplace with seating to make it a focal point. An area rug could tie the arrangement together. You have enough space to do two sofas facing each other (one backing onto the stairs, one floating in the room, with window behind it.) This would keep the fireplace as focal point and maintain the openness. Then you could have either two low accent chairs or stools which would face the fireplace directly. A low coffee table, ottoman or set of nesting tables would work well to serve the whole seating arrangement, and a sofa table behind one of the sofas. Have fun!

I'm showing you two photos with similar furniture arrangement; one more formal/transitional, one more casual/contemporary.

Jane Lockhart Interior Design, Kylemore Model Home "Dublin" · Plus d'infos

Transitional Living Room · Plus d'infos

whitney kuefler a remercié Edit Home Staging
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».