Houzz Logo Print
maykke

MAYKKE LIFE RICH: Are pets allowed in your bathroom?

Maykke
il y a 8 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 8 ans

Do your pets have no respect for your personal space? Like when you're in the bathroom? Sure, we love our pets dearly, but will you let them stay while you're in there? Vote and tell us your stories in the comments!

(Image source: the Internet)

Also introducing the #MaykkePets contest on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to win a free BAGGU reusable bag between March 4th - March 18th! Learn more about the rules, click here.

Of course! They are like family!
NO WAY!!!
Other? Tell us in the comments!

Commentaires (53)

• ecpt
    il y a 8 ans

That's where the cat box is, so yes. And if the dog really wants to lay on the mat while I'm in the shower, she's welcome.

Maykke a remercié ecpt
  • PRO
    Kayylö
    il y a 8 ans

I have to let my dog in. He always worry about me if I am safe when I'm in the bathroom...

• acm
    il y a 8 ans

Our cats are Houdinis. If the powder room door has not completely clicked into place, they can somehow find a way to open it.

Maykke a remercié acm
  • Judy
    il y a 8 ans

I live alone so I never close the bathroom door (except when I have company of course) so my pup can come in anytime she wants.

Maykke a remercié Judy
  • Judy Henry
    il y a 8 ans
    Animals aren't allowed in my house.
  • susanalanandwrigley
    il y a 8 ans

Dog not allowed in bathrooms - she sheds enough elsewere! She doesn't seem to mind. She has free reign of the house except for the bathroom and laundry room, and the kids' rooms she is allowed in only with permission. Had her 11 yrs and it's worked out well for us!

Maykke a remercié susanalanandwrigley
  • User
    il y a 8 ans

I have a service dog, I don't always need her help in the bathroom. However she thinks I do. For that matter she's pretty sure I'm not capable of breathing without her .

• PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    il y a 8 ans

@House Bound, I cant stop laughing at that pick, I have cats, SAME thing, as soon as I open the door THERE they are!!! LOL!!!!

Ken

• Bev
    il y a 8 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 8 ans

My cats love to be petted when I'm on the toilet (sorry if this is too blunt but it's the truth)!

• PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    il y a 8 ans

Great Poll for breaking up the work routine!!

Ken

• PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    il y a 8 ans

Yes one of mine has to be in there each time as even in middle of night. LOL!!!

Ken

• PRO
    Kayylö
    il y a 8 ans

@ Mountain MT Homes, LOL!!! Ken, you will never feel alone in the bathroom...there is no BATHROOM PRIVACY for sure!

• Jennifer K
    il y a 8 ans

"All closed doors must be opened. Cupboards, closets, bedrooms and especially bathrooms. I mean, what if I needed to go in there?", said the cat.

So yeah, I may or may not get to use the facilities in peace. But the world will end if I close the door.

Maykke a remercié Jennifer K
  • PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    il y a 8 ans

WOW very great point!!! Jennifer K. Got to love your pets of all kinds!

Ken

Maykke a remercié Mountain MT Homes LLC
  • lmdworin
    il y a 8 ans
    I don't mind when the pets are in the bathroom, but I don't allow them in the bedroom. Some friends allowed their dogs to sleep with them and had problems.
    Maykke a remercié lmdworin
  • User
    il y a 8 ans

Imdworin my dogs sleep in the bedroom, but on the floor on their own bed Only. Then again I'm a single woman . I can see your point however.

Maykke a remercié User
  • ruthmand
    il y a 8 ans

When he gets hot he wraps himself around the toilet base to cool off.

Maykke a remercié ruthmand
  • kathleen MK
    il y a 8 ans
    My childhood cat learned to use toilet by following us into the bathroom. Yes really. She also nearly lost one of her nine lives trying to walk across a tub full of bubblebath. Why do they love to follow us when doing stinky business?
    Maykke a remercié kathleen MK
  • ruthmand
    il y a 8 ans

They don't distinguish between good and bad, stinky smells. It is all just a scent to investigate for them.

Maykke a remercié ruthmand
  • tooky58
    il y a 8 ans

What smells bad to us smells good to them. I read a novel based in WWII and the marines had a song, a very funny one, that says the reason dogs sniff each others butts is they're trying to find the one they lost. And, I can't remember the name.

Maykke a remercié tooky58
  • PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    il y a 8 ans
    LOL...Very true!!!
    Ken
    Maykke a remercié Mountain MT Homes LLC
  • PRO
    Maykke
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

A lot of fun stories!! Both my friend's dog and mine are happy to join us when we go to the bathroom...

• havingfun
    il y a 8 ans

well no children left. so just us and the fuzzies. used to be open door only when i was alone. then one of the 3 cats learned to open the door, one sticks her paw under and grabs things, and one just howls. if that were not enough, the dog suffers separation anxiety i think. then, i got cancer. now i need serious oxygen. closed doors often don't work with oxy, so there is that. now the dog is my little service dog and how would he bring me the other end of the oxy hose if door were closed. so there you go, door open all the time, come what may.

• User
    il y a 8 ans

Have fun, it's amazing how a service dog dictates to you isn't it.

• havingfun
    il y a 8 ans

please roll don't get me incorrectly. I am sure that yours far surpasses my little guy. He is self taught to do 2 things let the whole world know if something is wrong with my oxy supply and run get daddy or throw a fit if i clap 3 times. we are almost done training him to bring me the end of my oxy hose when it gets pulled out. we just got him enrolled as a service dog, but he was dictating to me, the cats, my hubby, anyone he thought would listen since he was a pup.

one of his cousins from online. i can not do pics yet. ours is a tenerife. he is supposed to be half bichon and half poodle, but neither of his parents looked anything like that and both were much larger than their brood. but he does his job very very well. and i love him for the effort, as i am sure you do. I just did not, in any way, wish to take away from training efforts of your pup, i know his was far more rigorous than my little guy.

• lslav2012
    il y a 8 ans
    If Le Meow follows me in, I don't kick her out. Her litter box is in there, so it wouldn't be very nice. That said, we aren't frequently in there at the same time.
  • User
    il y a 8 ans

Have Fun he's a blessing to you. If he does nothing more than make you happy. They start out learning one task. In time they learn more. Mine started by running for help when I said " Get Mom." If she had learned nothing else that would have been enough. Even our dogs that never learn a thing run our lives though don't they.

• Ben Hart
    il y a 8 ans

Since my family and I are guests in my cats house, were fortunate he lets us use his bathroom at all.

• eightpondfarm
    il y a 8 ans

We call the toilet "the petting chair" Dogs come for attention automatically and will leave if/when we ask them to.

• eightpondfarm
    il y a 8 ans

Portuguese Proverb: "A house without a dog or cat is the house of a scoundrel."

• PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    il y a 8 ans

Ok in my bathroom but NOT ok in my bedroom...

• havingfun
    il y a 8 ans

of course islav, cats are big on manners she does not wish to subject you, and wishes you to subject her even less! lol

• Maureen
    il y a 8 ans

Mi casa es su casa. Cat's litter is there, he drinks from the sink (won't drink from a bowl), lies on a mat when someone is in the shower and sits on the toilet while someone is bathing. I enjoy his company and if he weren't in there, he would be making lots of noises outside and sratching the door to get in.

• judithahall
    il y a 8 ans

On my goodness, "NO" in so many ways!! We have a dog who truly is a member of our family and welcome in every other room in the house, except the bathrooms and our bedroom. He is, however, an animal. He goes into the backyard to urinate and defecate, he sniffs around where other dogs have done the same, he sometimes licks the things he smells. Why in the world would I allow him into the room we dedicate to our personal hygiene?!? I find that digusting, even loving him as I do! A cat's litter box in the bathroom?? You might as well put it in your bathtub or on your kitchen counter!

• havingfun
    il y a 8 ans

although we have gone past those habits, i believe we are still animals?

• Jennifer K
    il y a 8 ans

@judithahall: that was a bit histrionic. Bathrooms are where poo and pee happen. Where better to put a toilet than a bathroom? Or are you suggesting that human excreta is somehow cleaner than feline or canine? If so, you need to know you're much more likely to catch a nasty disease from fellow humans.

Anywhere used for hygiene has to be kept clean. It doesn't matter if it's human, cat, or dog dirt; it's all dirt.

• tooky58
    il y a 8 ans

Have fun, was getting worried, hadn't seen anything for awhile. Was happy to see (read) you. Sounds like the pooch knows the important stuff. They know more than people give them credit for, ours knows when I'm feeling sh%%tier than usual & checks more often.

• havingfun
    il y a 8 ans

always check on fun in the sun tooky, they keep an eye out for me. twas in hospital for a couple weeks. excuse everyone, did not mean to hog thread, please continue.

• PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    il y a 8 ans

"I hazz every toy, but my favrit thing is toiletzz."

• havingfun
    il y a 8 ans

is that a newbee barnhart, absolutely precious. although i believe we just have not discovered the wonders of paper yet, better make it under like a wise parent! ;- )

• User
    il y a 8 ans

We don't use the bath, so the cat crates are in there. They are not allowed in the adjacent toilet room.

• PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    il y a 8 ans

Hi fun -- that's a puppy photo of Alaska, who just turned one. Still fascinated with toilets, probably always will be. She also loves to swipe and parade swatches around the house as tug toys.

• artsyphartsy_home_maker
    il y a 8 ans

I don't want my dog getting any 'ideas' lol, he knows 'his place' to go is 'outdoors'. He is a quick learner and I'm afraid If he sees humans going potty 'indoors' he might think he can too and we don't want that. He is successfully housebroken which took a lot of work on our part and we want to keep him that way!

• havingfun
    il y a 8 ans

i have never had a dog that made that connection. i do not believe they see it the same as us.

• User
    il y a 8 ans

Artsy, I know what you mean. Ever since my fuzzy guy saw me backing out of

the garage, he refuses to go on walks anymore. He's always out cruising around! :)

• liserb1357
    il y a 8 ans
    roxsolid...you are hilarious! thanks for making me bust out laughing. that is a good one.
  • User
    il y a 8 ans

Well crafted joke, Roxsolid, I give it a 10.

• User
    il y a 8 ans

He's not wearing his seat belt, but his paws are at 10 and 2 so he's learning.

• havingfun
    il y a 8 ans

dunh dunh dunh dunh - straight from jaws! can you teach a shark to drive. love you all but running now.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».