Houzz Logo Print
ahhleena

Bathroom rug?? Finishing this tiny bathroom

Elina R
il y a 8 ans
Really stuck with what kind of rug would finish the floor of this tiny bathroom? I've tried a couple different ones (will post pictures later). Should I do 1 rug or 2? What shape? Color?

Commentaires (13)

• Lainie D'Eon
    il y a 8 ans

Are those tiles on the floor?

• PRO
    Bespoke Decor
    il y a 8 ans

You have beautiful floors, why do you want to cover them with a rug? If you need a bath mat for after the shower, get a natural fiber cloth one you can keep with the bath towels until it's needed.

• Elina R
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    Yes, tile floor
  • Elina R
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    No shower... It's a half bath.
    It's so tiny I had to use panoramic feature to get decent photos
  • Elina R
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    This is what I tried.
    Doesn't it just seem like something is missing without a rug? Maybe I'm crazy...
  • Bev
    il y a 8 ans

If you really want a rug, I would get one and put it exactly where you have it in the photos above me--in front of the sink. I love stepping out of the shower onto my plush bathroom rug and I have another one in front of the sink. I would pick out a rug that has the same colors as your towels and/or walls.

• Lainie D'Eon
    il y a 8 ans

Not a fan of mats of any kind in the bathroom. They are a magnet for hair & dust. If you need something to stand on when getting out of the tub get one that has antislip material on the backing. Definitely none around the toilet bowl area.

• Lainie D'Eon
    il y a 8 ans

I think that your eye is drawn more to the floor as it is the lightest color in the room. Is there room to move the glass cabinet to the wall directly opposite the door & place a mat under that cabinet? Try the grey patterned mat. Show us a pic if you try it please.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    il y a 8 ans

No rug, no toilet brush, no basket of magazines, no mirrored chest that doesn't appear to allow enough room for the door to open fully.

You can replace the chest with a gold/brass etagere.

I would install a towel rod over the toilet to hold hand towels, replace the dark blinds with either plantation shutters or white blinds with eggplant tapes. Add a valance that takes in all the colors used in the bathroom.

• Lainie D'Eon
    il y a 8 ans

Nice, with more areas of light color on the walls the focus is not entirely on the floor.

• Kathi
    il y a 8 ans
    I have similar half bath off living room. My walls are papered in brown/ grey and I have small rectangular rug in front of sink. My floors are wood.
  • User
    il y a 8 ans
    No rug needed if there is no shower. Most powder rooms don't have them.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».