Houzz Logo Print
fairleigh17

Need help with garden and paint colours

fairleigh17
il y a 8 ans
Not sure what to do with the garden around the house? Wanted to put an elevated deck in overlooking the pool but was going to cost $18k!! Any ideas of what we could do instead? Also any ideas on what colour to paint? Kinda not into hello and orange!

Commentaires (12)

• bigreader
    il y a 8 ans
    Id get some more quotes. That spot is perfect for a deck.
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    il y a 8 ans
    I don't know what climate you live in but I think a bold dark color would instantly update your home, make the plants look greener and the brick look newer
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    il y a 8 ans
    I think some cool window awnings would be affordable and make a great statement as well, over those windows overlooking the pool
  • Bradley Cheney
    il y a 8 ans
    A little all over the shop with materials, colours and designs. I'd sell.
  • Carole
    il y a 8 ans

Can you take out one of the garden beds (front left) and do a smaller deck area to transition from the upper deck down to the paving. I think you need a much lighter colour to provide light and contrast with all the tropical plants. Agree yellow and orange are not helping create a relaxing outdoor area. You already have warm colours in the terracotta tile around the pool so a colour for the walls that cools them down, look for neutral tones in lighter blue/greys to reflect the pool. You can see the difference in the photo above which looks much lighter than in your photo with the dark brick and terracotta orange on the walls which just seems to suck the light out. Large pots can be in your favourite pops of colour to great interest and contrast.

Good luck with your project.

• Alison Wright
    il y a 8 ans

You already have black in the hand rail & grey in the garden bed edge, I would continue that theme with charcoal and grey, to give a sophisticated look which blends into the garden.

• robandlyn
    il y a 8 ans

I would get in a landscaping designer - they often have really good ideas that we wouldn't usually think of and know whether it is do-able or not. They are usually pretty reasonably priced for a consultation - then when you have the ideas and cost estimates you can go from there. It looks like a tricky area to me.

• PRO
    MUSA Landscape Architecture
    il y a 8 ans

Where are you based?

• Erica
    il y a 8 ans
    I would be inclined to capitalise on the space below. Remove all the raised beds and plants. Can the stairs continue all the way down that wall? as they are also cutting into the space. Also remove the blocky pillars at the base of the stairs. Then splash out on a few large pots, a beautiful dining setting, perhaps a living wall garden on that large expanse of yellow wall. (pizza oven? bbq?)
  • PRO
    Alicia's Haus of Style
    il y a 8 ans

I would remove the left hand side garden bed & deck that for your outdoor eating are leaving the bottom for pool side lounge. I would pain the outside of your house in a textured chalk colour paint chanelling a little Mexico with you black railings & picking a highlight colour for decor eg cushion covers. I would also

over the little shed with a stone veneer with an outdoor fire pit

• mylittlesideproject
    il y a 8 ans

How long have you live here long? Do you have a clear idea on what you want to achieve in the space? I would start off by giving the space a big clean, with a gurney.. Once the space is all clean, and a new coat of paint you may find a deck is not needed? Grey colours will help to cool the terracotta and even a few outdoor rugs may help add a pop of colour.. Paint is the cheapest and easiest way to completely overhaul the space..

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».