Houzz Logo Print
houzzukpolls

When you think of Scandinavian design, which of these springs to mind?

HouzzUK Polls
il y a 7 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 7 ans

Other than cold weather and long paternity leave, Scandinavia is mostly known for its iconic furniture designs that can be enjoyed in homes, offices and hotels all over the world. From the lounge chair, the Egg, designed by Arne Jacobsen, to Hans J. Wegner's Wishbone chair - there are many classic designs originated in Scandinavia.

But which of these chairs below would you most commonly associate with Scandinavia? Whether the design is Scandinavian or not, we want to know which you would pick!

Vote below and tell us why in the comments!

Series 7
Eames Chair
Wishbone chair
Egg chair
Bat chair
Other

Commentaires (11)

• HouzzUK Polls
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Good spot! You're right, the Eames and one other of these chairs do not originate from Scandinavia. We simply want to find out which of these designs is most synonymous with Scandinavian design. Thanks for getting involved!

• PRO
    Martins Camisuli Architects
    il y a 7 ans

I find modern Scandinavian design too bland.

• PRO
    Roots Architect
    il y a 7 ans

Wishbone chair is a good pick. Though Egg chair is more close to Scandinavian design

• Emmeline Westin
    il y a 7 ans

The Wishbone chair tops my wish list! Not sure it's comfortable though?

• andrewbooton
    il y a 7 ans
    I've read your earlier comment but how can Eames be considered Scandinavian when they're just not?
  • marydisher
    il y a 7 ans
    That's just sill. How can Eames evoke Scandinavia ? No Eames is mid century American.
  • alant1000
    il y a 7 ans
    The butterfly / bat chair is from Argentina if I recall, however the Scandi natural material / minimal clean look does have a lot of influence from the 1940s-60s USA modernist designer era, and seem pretty interchangeable from a style perspective with Scandi these days.
  • PRO
    BoConcept Guildford
    il y a 7 ans

Timeless clean design, the Egg chair is great inspiration and is re-created in BoConcept in the fantastic (similar) Imola chair

• PRO
    Mid-Century Online
    il y a 7 ans

I love the colour of the Egg Chair.

• PRO
    The Do South Shop
    il y a 7 ans

The wishbone chair personifies everything that's good about Scandinavian design - minimalist clean lines and timeless style.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».