Houzz Logo Print
josephjamesinteriors

What do you find more useful? a hand-drawn Design or CAD Design?

Although I offer both services, I'd like to know from Homeowners and Pros, which do you feel gives you a better idea of what your new bathroom is goign to look like. Do you prefer the more personal feel of a hand-drawn design, or the accuracy of CAD.

Use the comments to tell me why!

I love CAD
Hand-Drawn is Better

Commentaires (13)

• PRO
    Anita Brown 3D Visualisation
    il y a 7 ans

I've written a blog post about this very subject. Valid arguments for both sides but my heart belongs to CAD :) https://anitabrown3d.com/2015/10/04/the-hand-rendering-vs-cgi-debate/

• PRO
    Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors
    il y a 7 ans

Fab work Anita!

It really depends on the client to me. I find men typically like CAD drawings whilst older client and those who are of a more creative bent appreciate hand drawings.

• PRO
    il y a 7 ans

Thanks Anouska! I completely understand the appeal for hand sketched renders, but in today's fast paced environment, I just don't think the time and effort required to produce a hand prepared render is time-effective, especially if revisions are required :( 3D Visualisation has progressed so much, that illustrative renders can be produced too, to appeal to clients who prefer a more whimsical, sketched effect. I guess it's about providing choice for the end consumer and making sure you meet client expectations!

• PRO
    Designer Bathrooms by Michael
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

I like cad because you can move the design around for the client in front of them. it saves a lot time

• PRO
    Vale Garden Houses
    il y a 7 ans

We use both hand-drawn and CAD designs throughout the project. At concept stage we feel it gives a much warmer, friendlier feel to provide a beautiful watercolour but once the project progresses we move to CAD drawings for accuracy.

• PRO
    Austin John Ltd
    il y a 7 ans

CAD works very well for us, a lot of our clients do not have the ability to visualise their entire job, especially if they are having a lot of work done both externally and internally. With the HD photo real images you can produce from CAD nowadays, our clients prefer CAD images without a doubt.

• PRO
    G T DESIGN
    il y a 7 ans

Hand drawn sketches seem to be more intimate and have a closer relationship with the client It appears more personal

• PRO
    Margot Tsim Interiors
    il y a 7 ans

I think having a mixture is good. Just like Vale Garden Houses said, usually hand drawn is good for concept stage to give client a feel for the space but once your concept develops, moving onto cad is a good idea to provide more accuracy which a hand sketch cannot necessarily provide depending on the complexity of the space.

• PRO
    Unwin Jones Partnership
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

A lot of our clients like hand drawings at the early design stages - it feels unique and more personal as if it has been drawn especially for them (which it has....) They also appear more unfinished and clients are happier to comment, interact and criticise...

• PRO
    Sweeney Handcrafted Furniture
    il y a 7 ans

hand drawn plans are more personaly to each customer

• PRO
    il y a 7 ans

You're right peeps, my recent 3D visual of a watercolour sketch is so clinical and 'impersonal'!!

• PRO
    Parker Developments
    il y a 7 ans

CAD for all our contractors, but hand drawn sketches are an invaluable tool when talking to customers in order to help them visualise what their house is going to look like. Many clients are not able to 'read' a CAD drawing

Joseph James Interiors a remercié Parker Developments
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».