Houzz Logo Print
nkaur54

how to get a neat finish from tiles/wood flooring

NYC
il y a 7 ans

hi

i am extending my kitchen into a kitchen/diner, i want to use patterned tiles flooring but not all over as it will be cold on the feet, ideally i would like to combine with wood flooring (worse case tiled wood effect flooring).

is it possible to get a neat and professional transition between the flooring without using strips and how?

Commentaires (6)

• PRO
    FNFC Architects
    il y a 7 ans

You can leave a gap between the 2 materials as per picture, or in the gap add a metal profile

• NYC
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

looks neat - thank you

• Ron Curry
    il y a 7 ans

if you have the skills and experience you could router out the wood flooring to overlap the tile.

• NYC
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

hi The Tannyoky Flooring Company

This sounds perfect - are the vinyl tiles warmer on the feet than wood? or can they be used with underfloor heating?

i like the white oak flooring and will consider it - much appreciated and link to website,

• PRO
    The Tannyoky Flooring Company
    il y a 7 ans
    We have underfloor heating at home with this floor and as long as you use the right adhesive you should be fine. Getting your sub floor correct and using an expert fitter is defiantly worth it.
    NYC a remercié The Tannyoky Flooring Company
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».