Houzz Logo Print
french_jenn

Bathroom vanity quandry

J. F.G.
il y a 7 ans

About to close on a fixer upper and have multiple rooms that need total overhaul, so trying to be budget conscious here.

We are planning on a gut reno of our second floor full bathroom. I'd like to keep plumbing in place to keep the budget down. The current vanity is 18" deep, butts up agains the doorway. Problem is that wall is 16" deep there so it sticks out. I really want to maximize storage so am trying not to go the pedestal sink route. I have about 32" width to work with and also want to maximize counter space. Most vanities are either for teeny-tiny bathrooms, which this is not, or start at 18" deep. I only found two on this site and others that were possible.

Was thinking about a custom idea but that may end up being too expensive. Also was trying to think out of the box and consider consoles, tables, etc but haven't found any that would work. Thoughts?

Commentaires (8)

• auntthelma
    il y a 7 ans

I suggest you skip the HD stores and go to a plumbing supply showroom.

Fine Fixtures Glenwood Collection, White, Vanity · Plus d'infos

Space Saving Bathroom Vanity Set With Ceramic Sink, Wenge · Plus d'infos

• acm
    il y a 7 ans

Somebody recently asked a question much like this, but they wanted a maximum of 17 inches depth -- I found a number between 17 and 3/8 and 18, so I think you can find something, depending on your taste. I was looking at the ListVanities.com site, which allows you to search by width ranges, and then you just have to page through the results to find the ones that are in the depth you want. Give that a try -- I don't have it in me to do that twice in one week! :)

• acm
    il y a 7 ans

Wow, auntthelma, surely there are options between 18" deep and 6" deep! :))

• PRO
    Point Design LLC
    il y a 7 ans

I'm not sure what cabinet lines you have looked at, but we sell a semi-custom line that allows us to modify the depth - without charge to the client. Find someone in your area who sells Ultracraft Cabinetry - worth a try!

Hope that helps-

Julie

• auntthelma
    il y a 7 ans

acm, it was a quicky look to give examples. just throwin' some pictures around to start the conversation.

• J. F.G.
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Thanks for all your ideas. Unfortunately, I feel like those pics are actually too small..since this is actually our biggest bathroom and I want something that extends the width but not the depth. Not necessarily looking for it to be compact but just a few inches less in depth so it doesn't hip check me everytime i walk in the door.

I will check out listvanities too as well. Thanks!

Also I can check into ultracraft. curious to see how much they are compared to the vanities I have found on-line.

Thanks again all--good ideas.

One more thing to throw at you....has anyone seen glass tiles in a bathroom without any natural light? I love them but part of my love for them is how they glow in natural light; this bathroom has no window so may have to change my game plan.

• acm
    il y a 7 ans
  • J. F.G.
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Thanks. I'll check those out. Not possible to move the door. THere is some small storage on the other side where I can keep some stuff but impedes any door movement. at least that's what I recall--i'll have to check my pics!

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».