Houzz Logo Print
nan112015

Which is worse - off center bath sconces or mirrors?

nan112015
il y a 7 ans
Hi
Help! Trying to update old medicine cabinets (not recessed ). Which is worse - having the mirror centered under the sconces but off center to the faucets. Or, the sconces off center to the mirror but the mirror centered to the faucets? In a picture, having the mirrors centered under the sconces looks better but in real life when i am using the faucet it is really strange seeing the bottom of the mirror off centered to it.

Thoughts or experience with this problem?
Thanks

Commentaires (13)

• Irene Morresey
    il y a 7 ans
    To me the second pic looks better, least noticeable in my opinion
  • flopsycat1
    il y a 7 ans

I think centering to the light fixture looks better.

• felizlady
    il y a 7 ans
    Center the mirror over each sink and at a height which allows you to fully see your face and hair...may be tricky if one of you is very tall and the other is short. Center the light fixture over the sink, too.
  • nan112015
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Thanks for all your feedback. It sounds like i need to just do it right and center it all. I was quoted $600 to move the 2 sconces, which I was hoping to avoid :(. Elizabeth thanks for the suggestion of buying new ones with bigger back plates. Maybe there ARE new sconces that i could put in that could be centered and would just be a replacement and cheaper in total than moving my current ones. Fingers crossed :).
  • B T
    il y a 7 ans
    What about one light fixture (simple white glass, maybe) that extends the whole width of the countertop?
  • PRO
    KBG Design
    il y a 7 ans

Maybe get another quote to move the sconce j-boxes? $600 does seem pricey for such a simple change, but maybe that includes some drywall repair as-needed? I think you'll be happy you did it right in the end as it does look much better to have all the elements on the same centerline.

• Diane
    il y a 7 ans
    Just had this same issue due to the cabinet being measured incorrect. Thankfully the custom cabinet company did the right thing; removed the built in medicine chest, the dry wall, the sconces and rebuilt everything. Yes, it was a hassle and I am so glad it was fixed I would have hated things being off centered after all the work building the bathroom. I strongly suggest you get another bid or two the $600.00 does seem high
  • jakstamp
    il y a 7 ans
    I would use one big mirror so it won't be as noticeable.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    il y a 7 ans

I would get a long bar light and center it on the wall and leave the mirrors where they are .

• Kris Mays
    il y a 7 ans

Sometimes those lights have a little sliding room.

• PRO
    User
    il y a 7 ans

One large mirror with a pretty frame.

Www.mirrormate.com

• Steph
    il y a 7 ans
    $600 is ridiculous. Get multiple quotes, and you will get a wide spread in pricing. I wouldn't pay more than $200. Just FYI, most electricians don't patch drywall.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».