Houzz Logo Print
robin_bristow

glass edge or wet edge - pool your ideas here!

Bristow Design
il y a 7 ans

There seems to be a trend away from wet edge pools to glass edge pools.

Wet edge pools offer a chance to achieve the "infinity effect" where pool and sea magically combine. Glass edge pools allow for the extra drama of seeing into the pool itself. If you are building a new pool would you choose any of these design features or do you prefer the more tradition design approach?

Pool · Plus d'infos

Here I am trying out a client's new pool with the wet edge design.

Pool · Plus d'infos

Dramatic night time effect with a glass edge pool

Pool · Plus d'infos

Looking almost like an aquarium some glass edge pools like this one have large sheets of built-in glass creating the pool fence.

pool + guest cottage · Plus d'infos

Looking like a mountain rock pool some folk prefer a more traditional design.

wet edge gets my vote
glass edge is my choice
no fads for me - I like a traditional pool design

Commentaires (9)

• Gioenne Rapisarda
    il y a 7 ans

Is there much of a price difference usually? Unless it was a huge panel it doesn't really make a difference for me!

Bristow Design a remercié Gioenne Rapisarda
  • PRO
    Access Pool Services Pty Ltd
    il y a 7 ans

I think both are AMAZING, the glass however is just a little different

Bristow Design a remercié Access Pool Services Pty Ltd
  • PRO
    Leisure Pools Sydney
    il y a 7 ans

The wet edge & glass edge both look amazing, but my personal preference is the glass edge, its different.

Bristow Design a remercié Leisure Pools Sydney
  • PRO
    Studio Pip
    il y a 7 ans

Bristow Design, each of those designs suite the concepts that they have been incorporated into. I prefer Glass edge but it would come down to the application - Caroline

Bristow Design a remercié Studio Pip
  • PRO
    Ella Kate Thrupp
    il y a 7 ans

That glass at night really gives the pool that wow factor. And I can't imagine it would make that much of a difference in cost.

Bristow Design a remercié Ella Kate Thrupp
  • Emma
    il y a 7 ans

depends on if the pool is there to look pretty or to swim in...

Bristow Design a remercié Emma
  • Gemma U
    il y a 7 ans

Definitely wet edge!

Bristow Design a remercié Gemma U
    il y a 7 ans
    What's that thing crouching down? Looks like the back of a koala. Where's the fireman?
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».