Houzz Logo Print
webuser_38344

Help me pick the right chandelier for my dining room

Would you please suggest me what kind of chandelier would fir better on my dinning room?

Commentaires (58)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    il y a 7 ans

Ornela, the one you picked is only 20". Not large enough for your dining are and table. Pick something else instead.

Ornela Gorreja-Hasa a remercié BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    I know 20" is too small for my area and I just showed it for the shape. How big should it be for my dining table?
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans

I know you have some great options here, but I ran across this one and while I would normally want a rectangular shape for a rectangular table, I think a "less" visually dominating piece would be better in your overall adjoining rooms.

Golden Lighting 1323-9 WG Chandelier In White Gold · Plus d'infos
    I has a very interesting design, unique and brings some bling, while maintaining a simple, "open" look. I think it would reflect really well in the mirror as well.

• everdebz
    il y a 7 ans

That is interesting. I notice your rug has strips / dark lines, and furniture is dark. I like that your mirror has shine, and Flo's could dress it up some more...

• PRO
    Galilee Lighting
    il y a 7 ans

Hi,

We invite you to visit www.GalileeLighting.com

If you would like to receive our catalog by email, contact Sales@GalileeLighting.com

Orchids chandelier - by Galilee Lighting, contemporary dining room · Plus d'infos

CONTEMPORARY RECTANGLE WHITE GLASS CHANDELIER, PLISS`E CHANDELIER - by GALILEE L · Plus d'infos

Bliss modern blown glass chandelier by Galilee lighting · Plus d'infos

MODERN RECTANGULAR GLASS CHANDELIER, NOVA contemporary dining chandelier by Gali · Plus d'infos

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans
    Ornelia- here are some guidelines. Watch reflection in mirror effects, watch size, keep metallics finishes similar (golds in frames brushed not brassy shiney), select style that fits into existing style. Maybe those tips will help. What is width and length of table?
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans
    Also, ceiling height and whether fixture is hung with a post or chain. Your ceiling height minus table top height minus height of fixture, minus 30-33 inches above table to bottom of fixture for proper hanging of fixture. Then you will know if size will work within those parameters.
  • Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Flo Mangan - my table is 80"x40". I know how to find the height of the ceiling light, but I am not sure about the width. What is the maximum width I can go for my table?

Thank you for all your suggestions.

• Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Hutton 4-Light Chandeliers, Winter Gold · Plus d'infos

Crystorama Luxo 5 Light Drum Shade Nickel Chandelier · Plus d'infos

Elk Lighting 57027/4 Diffusion Chandelier · Plus d'infos
    Any of these would go in my room?

• everdebz
    il y a 7 ans

Just basics: the first has slightly warm tone /dresses up the area.

2nd contemporary and stick-straight like railings and fp tiles, etc....

3rd is the warmest and seems fp-tile color, and metal finish has the warmth of furniture.... obviously, I hope this helps.

Ornela Gorreja-Hasa a remercié everdebz
  • Danielle Black
    il y a 7 ans
    This Ethan Allen one is cool and classic and pretty
  • everdebz
    il y a 7 ans

me again: dark, but light / delicate lines...

• Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

I want to brighten the area a little bit since the table and the chairs are dark.

• Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Can anyone put it on my room and send me a picture to see how it looks please?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans

I saw one for your today at ZGallerie that might be pretty cool.

Large chandelier · Plus d'infos
    In answer to your question of size, with the size of your table your fixture could be 28" to 30" wide if it is round or like this one square. If it is rectangular then you can go up to about 2/3 the length of the table and of course, most of those are plenty narrow enough. It really somewhat depends on the individual chandelier. This particular one is a quite interesting look. It has an open frame in gold tones, then long beveled edge glass/crystal panels that just glisten beautifully. A show stopper for sure. It is 18.25" square and 27.5" high. It is the height that gives this the "look". If your ceiling is 8' high you would do about a 10-11" drop from the ceiling and that would put you between 28-30 from table top. Because of its shape it would fit nicely over your table and not take up too much visual space. The reflection of this in your mirror would be spectacular. So, if you want to make a statement, this is it. It is on sale for $649.99. The ones you posted I don't think would do your room justice. I have used the Captial Hutton and it is a very pretty piece, although the shades go beige in real life not white. But I put them in the Master Bath, so might not be exactly right for your room. But it just depends on what "look" you are going for. To me, your space looks like sophisticated, pretty chic space, so I would keep that look going! BTW, the shape of this one, mimics the shape of your mirror! Which is always a good look trick.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans

You can find it on line (although the picture doesn't do it justice) under the name "Alton Chandelier". Just go to ZGallerie and select "hanging lamps" then you can find it.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

These are 2 of my favorite chandeliers...gorgeous in person 2 different looks but both would work well in your space...I noticed your coral framed art that is why I think the wood and chrome would look gorgeous!

Ornela Gorreja-Hasa a remercié Home Interiors with Ease
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    il y a 7 ans

Ornela Gorreja-Hasa a remercié BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Lidor
    il y a 7 ans
    @flo managan. That is absolutely beautiful. I have to find a place for that beauty. Is it glass. Crystal?
  • Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    I love love this Flo Mangan. I might go and buy it :)
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans
    According to their description it is glass panels and nickel plated. Of course, seeing these fixtures in person is important, so highly recommend a visit. But I saw it today and I loved it. I thought it looked more gold but might be it was reflecting other elements on display but in any case, it is gorgeous.
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

I think that only being able to hang it 10"-11" from ceiling will look funny..you need about 18" of chain to look right...this is meant for a high ceiling for sure.. Agree it is beautiful!! I would look for something a little shorter so it can be hung a little farther from the ceiling. Flo can you find her another beauty like this one that is a tad shorter? For your ceiling the fixture should only be 20"-24" high to have the correct proportions and enough space between the top of fixture and ceiling...hope this helps

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans

I am not sure about that HIE. If you look at the mirror, it would reflect quite nicely. However, I don't know the height of the ceiling? I think I would try it and see it in the space before I rejected it, because it is something unlike anything I have seen and I look at a ton of light fixtures. Sometimes, when I really love something, I make it work! lol

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

If 8' ceilings will not work...if they are 9' it will work just wanted to be sure...with lighting it's not like you can try it out and than take it back..it's yours! Yes Zgallery lighting is really pretty no doubt!!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans

Just estimating height of your ceiling and if your table is 30" off the floor, and that mirror is 5' high and you have about 1" above it, I think your ceilings are 9'. If that is correct, you would have 20" of drop and that would be great. Measure that ceiling height for us! ;-) You still would have to swag it or get the junction box moved for it to be centered on your table properly.

• Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    The height of the ceiling is 9', table is 30" from the floor and the mirror is 5'-9".
  • Susan Davis
    il y a 7 ans

bottom of chandelier should be 30-36 inches above the table for 8 foot ceiling height. As you have 9 foot ceiling you should raise it 3 inches for each foot of increase in ceiling height. So bottom of chandelier should be 33-39 inches above the table.....width rought add length plus width of room multiply by 2 for width....wider is generally better....also another rule of thumb is 2/3 width of table it is over, but larger is generally better....agree to center light box over table too!

You can also google chandelier placement in dining room to get useful info.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans
    With 9' ceiling we are good! With the height of mirror you will have beautiful reflection.
    Ornela Gorreja-Hasa a remercié Flo Mangan
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans
    As I said before, while we can give you guidelines, from experience I know those get modified somewhat in each situation. So what I do know is this will fit and work and it is a big "wow" factor IMO.
    Ornela Gorreja-Hasa a remercié Flo Mangan
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

IDK your furniture just doesn't same glam to me..more casual elegant...that chandelier is total glam.

• everdebz
    il y a 7 ans

Help me out @Home, are you talking FloM's ZGallerie??

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans

The coffee table is metal (chrome/silver) and glass and the room needs a little boost so I'm loving it. But it is up to Ornelia which direction she wants to take her room/space.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans

In addition, in looking at Ornelia's chandelier idea book, there are many that are ornate. So, she just needs a bit of encouragement and support for a look she wants. So, I think she has a lot of good choices, just need some direction from her. We have given the options, and good ones I think, so we await further guidance.

• Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

That is the reason I posted it here. I wanted to hear from the professional interior designers of what goes better in my room. Someone that will tell me,: YES go and buy this lamp as it will look great in your room. And yes coffee table is glass with metal frame(silver). I would like to choose something that will fit in my dinning room, which is "modern"/elegant as you can see from the pictures.

• PRO
    Chi Renovation & Design
    il y a 7 ans

Perhaps something like this will go great in your dining room? The design below we did for a client.

935 Hermitage · Plus d'infos

935 Hermitage · Plus d'infos

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

Here are some modern elegant chandeliers that are great selections for your room...

sizes are good and finishes are beautiful!

• Heather Macdonald
    il y a 7 ans
    Impeccable , I love the 1 st one you showed on Tuesday , could you please tell me where to find it?
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

Heather...Are you asking me? Home Interiors with Ease

• janellemaryn
    il y a 7 ans

I agree, a linear chandelier would look lovely. I really like this one by robert abby:

• PRO
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans
    The beauty of the Robert Abbey is with the ceiling plate you might be able to get away with not having to move the junction box. It is very pretty. What is size?
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans
    I looked it up. No wonder I like the R abbey, it is $1,817. Ouch!
    But size is good. 40"L x 19.25w with ceiling canopy of 24.5" L x 5w.
  • kim k
    il y a 7 ans
    I have no idea if it fits your space but I've been obsessing over this from PB since seeing it at a friends house it really amazing in person:

http://www.potterybarn.com/m/products/adeline-rectangular-crystal-chandelier/?pkey=e|adeline+crystal+rectangular+chandelier|56|best|0|1|15||1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH
  • janellemaryn
    il y a 7 ans

I actually saw the Robert Abbey fixture on Lumens or Lamps Plus open box for drastically less. It might be worth checking out.

• kim k
    il y a 7 ans
    Here's the image!
  • Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Which one is the Robbert Abbey?
  • janellemaryn
    il y a 7 ans

This is the robert abbey

They have another robert abbey that is circular and also beautiful on Lumens open box.

• janellemaryn
    il y a 7 ans

This is the one on Lumens open box. I think this one would look lovely in your dining room as well

• Lidor
    il y a 7 ans
    I actually chose those for my new home. Loving them. Especially the Hudson ones. They look like jewelry. And come in all colors.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».