Houzz Logo Print
abick2

Accent chairs vs furniture set?

abick2
il y a 7 ans

The chairs are not a 100% color match and is a different fabric.

Also I am afraid maybe the print is too busy. At the same time getting chairs that come with the sofa set seems boring and bland although a safe choice. Should I leave these chairs or get the 2 chairs that are identical to the sofa? Thanks.

Commentaires (180)

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

Can the second piece of art turn vertical?? I think that would look much better.

abick2 a remercié Home Interiors with Ease
  • PRO
  • abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Thank you! OK, I will stay focused and keep it neutral. What if I add something like two candle holders that are purple and a purple pillow on the sofa, will that work? The painting I got won't fit vertically. I'll try to go to pier one and look at the one you sent.

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Mantle 78 wide x 55 tall. I think with my proportions horizontal will go better.

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Home interiors, which end tables do you like?

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

seems to fit with the rug and curtains

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Should I say good bye to the lovely blue pillow?

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

still no?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

Hands down the square!! I think find a more purple/ plum pillow with your taupe gray combination....art looks beautiful with your drapes..perfect!! Yes you can add small accessories to bring In some purple..I think a purple orchid in a gorgeous vase on the cocktail table would be sticking sometimes something small in the color you want makes it special!

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

I see what you're saying about purple/plum. I guess this means letting go of the pillow, I am sure there will be plenty of others. How do you feel about this gold glittery pillow?

too busy?

I think I need to definitely do square end tables, but these are too small and awkward. What do you think?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

Yes I like the gold pillow....yes you need square end tables:(

this combination is very nice..what do you think... Found new art!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

I do prefer square it just looks more clean/finished....but if the round fit in your budget work with them..they are pretty...you may have to go with a rectangle or square cocktail table if you keep the round ones.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

This art has deep gorgeous colors very dramatic..has gold frame...hmmmm

• Mark
    il y a 7 ans

If you wanted a more monochromatic color scheme here are some suggestions. Black tall pedestals with pieces of sculpture to give it an art gallery feel. :) Karen can relate to this I know. :)

• PRO
  • abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Do you think the dining room rug is too busy? The rug is shimmery, so at an angle you can't see too much of the pattern, but looking straight at it it is busy. I hope once the table is in its place with chairs it will be better.

• mzapper
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

wow I was so sure the chairs were brown so those pillows I posted way off!

something more like these:

The Pillow Collection 18" Square Ennise Graphic Throw Pillow · Plus d'infos

Metallic Gold Linen Throw Pillow · Plus d'infos

Michael Amini Pillow, Silver, Gold, Polyester Filler Square 18" · Plus d'infos

abick2 a remercié mzapper
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans
    I love the dining room rug! once table is placed on it...I think it will be perfect!
  • Tammy Lawhorn
    il y a 7 ans
    I would get rid of the navy pillows for sure and would use soft yellow and aqua to accent with .
    That looks good with your chairs and sofa.
    abick2 a remercié Tammy Lawhorn
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans
    Dining room rug is gorgeous. Not too busy. We tend to get a little micro focused and so your right on the general view and when your table and chairs are in place all will be well.
    abick2 a remercié Flo Mangan
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans
    I have been hoping to have a minute to find some violet or purple for you. Home int nailed it. I think that combo would be excellent, elegant and just make your room.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans

I'm still would like one large painting for over your mantel though. But can't beat that price for the triple deal.

• mzapper
    il y a 7 ans

the dining room rug is gorgeous!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

World market art....

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

I bought greystone before and returned it. It has some greenish tones. Maybe I should try it again now that I got my furniture and rug.

• Tammy Lawhorn
    il y a 7 ans
    I love the abstract brush strokes. It looks like a dragon fly.
  • mzapper
    il y a 7 ans

Golden Panel Art · Plus d'infos

"Winter Storm" Wall Decor · Plus d'infos

Uttermost Sawyer's Fence 48" Square Canvas Wall Art · Plus d'infos

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans
    Winter Storm looks perfect. Great find.
  • PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    il y a 7 ans

Maybe including some of our designs here will help you along with your dilemma? Notice the scones along the TV, the artwork, lamps, sofa table and art on it.

Highrise Apartment · Plus d'infos

Modern Glamour · Plus d'infos

Transitional Remodel · Plus d'infos

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans
    Any new developments? Just thinking of you.
  • abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Nope, I stalled...I am looking for a car, so I'll get back to decorating once that's resolved :)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 7 ans

OK, will be watching for your return. Ugh! Hate car shopping! Good luck with that.

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Sooo, I got the car, now back to my living room. We hung up the curtains aaaand I am not happy. They are touching the floor. I feel that half an inch off the floor would have been much better. The only thing I can do at this point is hem them myself, but big chance I will screw up and it's a lot of work. I have to say all the curtains I got are very uneven on the bottom.

• decoenthusiaste
    il y a 7 ans

Have we moved on to a different room? I don't recognize anything in your curtain pic.

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Same room. The dining rooms and the living room are connected.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

Where are they from?

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

bed bath and beyond and target. others are from home goods and same problem the sides are shorter than the middle.

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

I think i need to hem the bottom. It will be an improvement. Agree?

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

or go with different curtains all together???

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

are they too heavy looking?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

Not sure if I mentioned Halfpricedrapes .com to you...I use it for 90% of my clients...beautiful high quality drapes most lined and weighted...look custom come in many readymade sizes....or you can pick a fabric and have a custom size made...you can order up to 10 free swatches and only pay $5.99 for shipping.....you will not be disappointed...I also would suggest not do grommet top for such a beautiful formal space..I would so drapery pins with drapery rings.

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Can you post a pic of what pins and rings you have in mind? Thanks!

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

How do the sheers go with the pins and rings?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

Why do you feel it is necessary for sheers?... your windows are beautiful and you are covering them all up....not that you can't hang the sheers and drapes but I would encourage you to add wovens/silhouettes blind instead with stationary drapes or just do sheers linen drapes ( Halfpricedrapes.com have some beautiful ones) that open and close on a traverse rod.....But here is the way to do sheers and drapery rings for drapes.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    il y a 7 ans

How are things going?

• beagriffey
    il y a 6 ans

I Love your sofa (and everything else). Where did you buy it?

• abick2
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

sofa is from macy's

• PRO
    EPHROSS DESIGNS
    il y a 2 ans

I would say to never buy a set. Even if it is expensive it will look like a room lacking in any character and it is not a good design choice. The chairs are fine, I think that the rug needs to be changed out. Something that would give you some contrast would be good... it a darker rug. Of a light rug with no or little design to show off the chairs etc. And you could use an accent color to liven up the room. Throw pillows and some accessories with make a big difference.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».