Houzz Logo Print
flowiinby

Feng shui exterior door colors

flowiinby
il y a 7 ans
I'm painting exterior doors on my house and decided to research feng shui. I'm more confused now, than before I started.

What I would call me front door ( which faces true north). The drive way leads thru the woods to the front of the house.

I see north facing doors are "water" so blue is a good color. But... Then I read the front door is facing the downward slope of your property. The other side of my house sits on a bluff that slopes down. Overlooks a river flats (wetland area). So would this really be my front door?
The back has 3 sliders and an exterior door leading to the garage that faces south. Was going to paint front door of house facing north ...blue. And back door to garage orange. Any thoughts?

Help.... Which is my front door?

Commentaires (5)

• User
    il y a 7 ans

Why have you chosen Feng shui?

• printesa
    il y a 7 ans

I think you are confusing yourself for nothing. I have nothing against it, but this should not be this difficult or confusing.

• Bookwoman
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

Your front door is the one where people who don't know you well arrive and ring the doorbell. Paint it a color you like that complements the rest of your house.

• PRO
    Feng Shui with Marianne
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

In Feng Shui, it is important to pair the front door color with the color of your house, in order to achieve a nourishing cycle.

Would you mind posting a photo of your house?

What is the type of landscape (and the region) you are in (dry, desert, cold, rainy, flat, windy?), in order to know what color would be best suited for the doors.

If say, your house is painted dark blue, which is a Water color, then there is no need to paint your doors dark blue as well. Especially if there is already a stream of water in your backyard... This makes me think you do not live in a draught area either.

PS: In FS, blue is not generally considered a Water color, except Dark Blue. Blue is generally Wood.

• PRO
    Feng Shui with Marianne
    il y a 7 ans

The idea is to achieve a balance of the 5 elements. The other goal of renovating a main entrance is to attract more "Chi" (or energy) into the home. If all the elements are Water, then the energy will probably not be vibrant enough (and too emotional).

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».