Houzz Logo Print
nicolekfunk

Ideas on feature tile for my concrete floor tile

Nicole K
il y a 7 ans
Hiya!
Would love some thoughts to freshen my inspiration. These concrete tiles are going in my guest bathroom & laundry.

Would love and idea on a feature tile..
Was thinking wooden vanity top and black tap ware ? Look at my example photo!
Concrete floor tile, rectified white tile on 3 walls with black tapeware just need a feature tile on the 4th wall behind vanity and mirror ?? So maybe a darker tile !? But I am very open to many other suggestions!

Commentaires (30)

• User
    il y a 7 ans

Hi, can you put your example photo here.

• Gallifrey
    il y a 7 ans

Where were you planning to use to feature tile, and how big an area?

• Nicole K
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    The wall is about 1.8mm as soon as you walk into the bathroom you are facing the feature wall where the vanity will be... this is what it is at the moment lol the vanity will be a 900mm as u can see where existing plumbing is
  • Nicole K
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Will probably do vanity as such
  • Gallifrey
    il y a 7 ans

Do you mean the wall where you will have a vanity and a mirror? If so not much wall left for feature tiles and may be a bit busy???

• Gallifrey
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

We used a similar floor tile as yours, and continued it as a feature wall behind the vanity and the mirror. Photo below:

• hagan_38
    il y a 7 ans
    I wouldn't introduce another tile. Just use the concrete one on the wall as your feature.
    Nicole K a remercié hagan_38
  • Nicole K
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Gallifrey love your room, I am going for a similar feel! I also thought about running the concrete wall up that wall, but I have this same tile in my landing under my stairs which leads to my bathroom, then into the next room from the bathroom into the laundry- do you think it will be too much also running it up the back wall?

Or my other option is to just do a plain white very large rectified white tile on the walls...

Thanks for your inspo!
  • My Humble Abode Books and Gifts
    il y a 7 ans
    We have the same tile in all three bathrooms, including a bit of wall in two of them. Also used outdoor version of same tile under stairs leading up to our studio, and on pool coping/waterline and patio.

All works well and continues theme.
    Nicole K a remercié My Humble Abode Books and Gifts
  • My Humble Abode Books and Gifts
    il y a 7 ans
    Hi Nicole
    Just realised that my response came from my wife's account (my humble abode) and not mine.
    Gallifrey
    Nicole K a remercié My Humble Abode Books and Gifts
  • philippawright
    il y a 7 ans

The concrete tile you have chosen has a warm tone and with the wood accents and some copper and warm toned towels means it will look good to run the same tiles on both the walls and floor as others have suggested. There may however be concerns about such a porous tile on shower cubicle walls.

I am not sure the white tiles have synergy with the concrete tile - It feels like you are trying to combine two styles . Perhaps you would be better to go with the white tiles and a patterned floor tile - maybe black and white if you want to go with the black tapware. There are lots of good options available at present which add texture and warmth to white schemes. If you have white walls I would go towards a timber vanity. Looking at the before photo shows the effect of white walls. You mention about being the feature wall but in reality with a mirror and the vanity you will see very little of the design - may not be cost effective - the floor would have more impact.

If you go with the concrete tiles for all walls there may be another shape of the same material. There have recently been a trend for lots of different tiles in one room but it is an expensive option and easy to get it wrong. Sometimes it is best to make your statement with your tap ware, vanity and accessories as these are easier to change especially when considering resale.

All the best - Have a look at the bathrooms from the latest New Zealand series of The Block - they used a range of elements you have discussed.

Nicole K a remercié philippawright
  • girlguides
    il y a 7 ans
    Can't understand why people install wooden top vanities as only look good when new as impractical
  • girlguides
    il y a 7 ans
    Colour tiles and tap good tho. What bout blue feature tile
    Nicole K a remercié girlguides
  • Fiona
    il y a 7 ans
    My bathroom ( and floor ) tiles are nearly the same. I tiled floor to ceiling in all my bathrooms and used a large feature tile that 7 years on, I still get lots of comments on... My tiles are 600x600 and the feature tiles are smaller (400x400 I think )
  • philippawright
    il y a 7 ans

Agree- wood in a bathroom can be impractical but there are many wood toned laminates that create the warmth and texture without the maintenance issues. You can successfully treat wood with marine coatings if you prefer the real thing.

• Gallifrey
    il y a 7 ans

White tiles do complement the concrete look tiles. Photo below using a matt white. Have a look at Laminex sublime riven teak. Looks like real timber.

Nicole K a remercié Gallifrey
  • Nicole K
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    I also think white compliments the concrete feature :). My ensuite is having floor to wall stone look tiles that's why I'm doing the white walls and only concrete floors in the guest bathroom . Timber in the bathroom looks gorgeous I love it. Thanks all for your advice I will post up when my ting is done!
  • PRO
    JennoliART
    il y a 7 ans

To create a feature and an artwork for your bathroom, would you consider a tile mural?

• spannaf
    il y a 7 ans

Hi Nicole, it has been a while now since your post but I've only just seen it -and love the concrete tiles you chose. Could you possibly let me know what they are called and where you got them from? I'd also love to see the finished product. Thanks :)

Nicole K a remercié spannaf
  • Nicole K
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Hey spannaf, actually not finished yet! Should have some photos in a few weeks :) it's starting to look good though!
  • Anna F
    il y a 7 ans

That's always the way - takes so much longer than you expect...even just to get organised and make the plans! I'm interested in using the same concrete tile - what's the name of them?

• Nicole K
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Okay so this is the nearly finished result (don't have my basin mixer yet, I'm deciding whether it should go on the left or the right of the bowl - thoughts appreciated!
  • Nicole K
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

They are called Anthracite

• Fiona
    il y a 6 ans
    Most people are right handed so the having the mixer on the right side would prob be the most functional.
    Lovely bathroom !
  • LesleyH
    il y a 6 ans
    Looks great. Well done!
  • Creativelychallenged
    il y a 6 ans

What a great job you did. So good that you just went with white. The concrete floor tile on wall behind the vanity would have been too busy after now having seen the finished product.

• hagan_38
    il y a 6 ans
    Nicole K love what you have done. Where did you get the mirror from?
  • Gemma
    il y a 6 ans
    Fran. There's a nice one at Ikea the Scandinavian range.
  • Gemma
    il y a 6 ans
    Woops Hagan not Fran
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».